What pads to buy?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by yukonon22, Apr 30, 2008.

1. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i need a set of pads, recommendations please. lc ccs, edge 2000, sonus...?

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I prefer ccs, megs, and 3M foam pads. For wool I like 3M.

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Just to make the decision more difficult, it seems that Edge now has the 3k cross groove series...basically dubble sided Meg's Solo pads.

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Mad, why buy the edge when Megs has them and came out with them first, plus why would you want something someone copied when you can get the real thing.

5. devast8

devast8 New Member

Sonus and Megs are my most favorite pads

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

AR, I scratched my head and asked myself the same question when I saw the Edge pads "announced". Someone here quite sarcastically posted something to the effect of, "Now where have I seen those before? Oh ya, Meg's SOLO!!!" I guess it's for the peeps that have/prefer the Edge system? The only reason I'd consider getting Edge pads is for 4" pads that I can use on my 3401.

I had some trouble with the 7.5" CCS curved pads I bought. When I switched to a 6.5" X-groove, things were a lot smoother. Maybe the 7" Solo pads will be nice.

yukonon22, you can't go wrong with CCS pads. I'm even thinking of picking up a set of Meg's 6" soft buffs. BTW, what machine will you be using?

7. yukonon22

right now im using a porter cable but i am switching to an air rotary. another question i have no idea who megs is? where do i buy them?

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Megs is Meguiars, you can get there stuff at autodetailingsolutions.com or any local autobody supply shops.

9. yukonon22

thanks

10. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

not talked about alot... but the 6.5" Cobra cross grove pads are really great!!! and I like the 5.5" lc ccs pads... got a few of the CG MPT pads but don't like them very much, hopefully will work better on a roatary... I use a flex orbital

11. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

yea. i liked the 6.5 cross groove

12. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

LC 5.5" , MEGS 6.5", 3M UK version, Sonus--> cant go wrong

13. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

with a PC, I would def. get 5.5 inch LC pads. They correct faster than 6.5 inch pads and you can also use then when you eventually step up to a rotary by getting an appropriately sized backing plate.

Pete

PS Phil at Detailers Domain sells them and he's a forum sponsor here...

PORTER CABLES & ACC

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

+ 1 for the Cobra Cross Groove pads. Available from AGO or ADS (eventually?)