what pad & polish for '03 vett clear?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by blucpe, Nov 17, 2008.

1. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i've got a show coming up in a couple of weeks and i want to polish my car to get rid of some scratches and minor swirling, i know vett clear is hard i've never been able to get it perfect. any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

What kinda machine do you have??? PC, Flex or Rotary??

3. blucpe

sorry forgot to mention i have a porter cable 7424.

4. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Do you have any Menzerna SIP or 106FF?? Orange or White LC Pads?

5. blucpe

not at the moment, but i'm willing to purchase if necessary.

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Look into getting some Menzerna SiP and some 106FF or PO85rd.

7. blucpe

thanks cooter i just ordered just that from autogeek, i'll try and keep you posted onthe results about a week from now.

8. blucpe

i got my order yesterday and tried out the menz po85 with white 4" lc pad and the swirls were'nt moving and i think i worked in pretty well. then i stepped up to an orange pad and that seemed to do the trick although it's taking some time to get it where i want it. it would probably go faster if i had a rotary but i don't. i'll just take my time and get it right, thanks again for all your input, any comments would be appreciated.

9. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

You have the right idea there blucpe. With the PC just resign yourself to the fact that its going to take a while and if you are diligent and patient you can get the results you want with the polish and pad combo you have going. After you use the SIP then hit is with the 106 and a finishing pad and then stand back and admire!

10. blucpe

oh yeah i did the po106 and i did'nt think it would get better but man it sure did. it really is all in the prep. i'm gonna do a coat of dwg and then two coats of fk1000p. my car is electron blue with a fair amount of flake and the paint just shimmers and the flake sparkles.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Glad to hear your making out good.
    Detailing is really rewarding. There are very few jobs were you get to see the benefits of your work so soon.

12. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sounds good man. Glad its working out for you!

13. blucpe

i c:worship2:an't thank you guys enough, i guess the results are thanks enough.

14. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sure thing man!!! Lets see some pics!!!

15. blucpe

16. blucpe

sorry bout that i'll try again, i wish i new how to post pic's like you guys. i can't upload any pic's on photobucket for some reason, i can't, don't know how, to upload then dowload onto site, very frustrating.

17. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

[​IMG]

You will see a box that says image link codes. Left click/right click/copy the IMG code.

Paste it in where you normaly type and you will show your pic.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Car looks great !! congrats. Was that big white colonial in the back ground your house?

19. blucpe

[​IMG]//

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

finally got the picture posting right i think, anyway these are some pic's after poilishing my car w/ menz. 85,106. dwg, fk1000p2x, upgpx2, buffed with mf bonnet using oid w/pc.
    hope you enjoy these pic's.

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Looks great, my second favorite color on a vette.