What LSPs do you have??

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by B.Prug87, Jan 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Aqua wax, Liquid Souveran, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0, EX-P, Vitreo, 845
    Souveran Paste, Signature Series 2, M16, Nattys Red, P21s 100%
    The sick part about is iv only opened maybe half of what i have.The rest are still brand new.I still want more.Its turn into a addiction.lol.So what does everyone else have?
    [​IMG]
    LSPs i still want 2 try but dont have:
    Jet Seal
    50/50
    Petes 53
    Vics Red
    Any of the Swissvax

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Never heard of Vitreo. Any good?

3. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Jetseal 109
    Menz FMJ
    SV Smaragd
    SV Saphir
    Vics
    P21S
    Nattys Red
    RBOE
    SUPERNATURAL

4. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

its 1 of those products that sells its formula and gives it different names.I got it at my dealer where i work at.Its a cleaner wax that cleans very well,doesnt stain trim and surprisingly it lasts 2-3 months.I use it for door jams now but i used to use it on my neighbors cars and it looks pretty good.

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

JetSeal109
    m-seal
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 476
    Pinnacle Sig II
    Zymol Detail
    Zymol Cream
    P21S Concours
    Dodo Juice SN 2.0
    Dodo Juice Flat Earth (works ;))
    Prima Banana Gloss
    Rubbish Boys OE

Forgot to mention:
    NXT 1.0
    NXT 2.0
    Thats all I remember. This is all for my 3 cars so its a flavor of the month deal :giggle:

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

- CG Jetseal 109
    - Rubbish Boy's Original Edition
    - Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm
    - Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition
    - Zymol Vintage
    - Zymol Carbon
    - Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger
    - Werkstat Carnauba Jett
    - Majestic Solutions Premium Wax
    - Swissvax Autobahn
    - Duragloss 501
    - CG Blitz
    - Some other "unmentionables" from years ago that I should just throw away

7. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

SV onyx, jetseal, megs tech (dont ask), CG XXX, CG Blitz Spray sealant, EDIT: Lusso Oro (just ordered haah)

looking to pick up some petes 53 or 50/50 real soon, some dodo juice black velvet for personal use, and of course collinite. gotta see what all the buzz is about.

8. heatgain

heatgain Guest

NXT 2.0
    Meg's Quik Wax
    Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid Wax
    ArmorAll Wax It Dry Gel
    Kit Creme Liquid Wax
    Slick 50 Synthetic Auto Polish
    Eagle One Nanowax spray
    Long Haul Truck Polish/Wax
    Meg's ColorX
    M66
    UPGP Ultima Paint Guard Plus
    Opti-Seal
    DG 105 Total Performance Polish
    DG 111 Clear Coat Polish
    DG 501 Marine/RV Polish
    PB EX-P Sealant
    XMT Carnauba Finish Glaze
    Simonize 500 Series Car Wax
    Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax liquid
    Optimum Car Wax
    DG Aqua Wax
    Mothers Cleaner Wax
    Collinite Insulator Wax 845
    Collinite 476s Paste Wax
    S100 Paste Wax
    Gold Class Paste Wax

9. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

UPGP
    JS109
    Z2
    Z5
    Z8
    BF AFPP
    BF AFPP polycharged
    Werkstatt Carnauba jett
    Werkstatt Acrylic Jett
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 476s
    Victoria Red
    M16
    SV Smaragd
    SV Concorso
    SV Mystery
    SV Crystal Rock
    Zymol Vintage
    RBOE

Thats all I can think of right now.

10. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

SV Crystal Rock
    SV Smaragd/BOS
    SV Concourso
    Zymol concourse
    CG jet seal 109
    SV auto bahn wheel wax
    CG Ezyme

My Favorite is Crystal Rock.. best looks, longevity and ease of application

BOS is next.. i use cleaner fluid then jet seal 109. after at least a quick run with the makita and 85rd after a good wash and clay.

SV Concourso is a really bright wax.. really pops.. a great wax and right up there with BOS ..but BOS has an advantage with application.. and it has slightly different looks

ezyme is a great wax.. but i hate how it stains the applicator it came with.. i am not a fan of the orange wax..also you use a ton when applying it..at least twice what you would with BOS..at least that is what i found..it is very greasy and applicators soak it up. very disappointing. but looks great..def not as good as swissvax imo.

zymol concourse is an awesome wax very bright and smells great..i just found i got better looks from swissvax and swissvax is much easier to use.

Jet seal 109 is incredible for topping with a nuba.. it really adds a ton of longevity in my experience. It bonds well with swissvax waxes and the others listed i have tried.. i love doing a full detail on my cars because every step i notice a difference.. and doing cleaner fluid and js 109 then a SV nuba adds three layers of gloss ass the oils from cleaner fluid are evident after the first use when buffed off to a nice shine. then js 109 adds some depth and a SV nuba well we all know what that can do.. I really LOVE this method so much i don't consider any other esp with the protection i get. first time i did it i was sloppy and didn't get near the longevity i get now with using the less is more motto and inspecting the palate after every panel and step..

Vintage is going to be my next purchase probably in march or april. that would be 6 months. the longest i have gone without applying wax on the 335 since i got her almost 2 years ago. i usually do her every 3-4 months but weather is crappy.. i am on month 4.5 with jet seal 109 topped with BOS and she is still beading nice.. i am about to go give her a nice wash right now!!

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

WBW Red
    p21s
    s100
    swissvax saphir
    zymol titanium
    zymol glasur
    lusso oro
    wet obsession
    mark-v fastwax
    optimum spraywax
    eagle1 nanowax
    meguiars gold class
    collinite 845
    fk pink
    smartwax rimwax

cl68 lls
    medallion ppp
    werkstat ajt
    dg 105

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Carnauba:
    Pinnacle Souveran paste, liquid Souveran, Signature Series II, Pinnacle Paste Glaz, XMT180, CG 5050, Pete's 53, Collinite 476s, 845, 915, Megs #16, Blackfire Midnight Sun, Sonus (NTS7) liquid carnauba, Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Juice straight eight sample pack, SuperNatural sample pot....getting my hands on some Lusso Oro soon...

Sealants:
    DG #105, #501, Opti-Seal, Ultima PPG+, Wolfgang 3.0 DGPS, Wolfgang 2.0 DGPS, Four Star UPP-p, Blackfire wet diamond polycharged, JetSeal 109, Tropi-Care Sunburst.

13. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

Natty's Red
    Natty's Blue
    M16
    Souveran Liquid
    OCW
    AquaWax
    Danase Paint Sealant
    Opti-Seal
    Dodo Rainforest Rub
    Dodo Hard Candy

14. lbls1

lbls1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Out of all of the lsps I've tried, I have settled on the following:

P21S Original: For the daily driver and/or for just starting out with limited time. It is a great all around wax that can produce a hard shine with several applications, and it has a nice supple texture when its new.

Optimum Spray Wax: Its a convenient wax for quick applications. I don't feel that, by itself, it could replace a high quality wax, but it can provide a convenient shine if you're in a bind.

Zymol Concours: This was my first zymol, and I tried it just to "clear the air" on all of the pros and cons concerning its performance and its price tag. Concours, as with most of the zymols I've observed, starts out with an even toned texture and great color. To me, it doesn't really come out as super wet in the first application. Zymol Concours' performance "explodes" on the third layer; This wax has an amazing reflective range and the gloss and color render is outstanding. It is slightly time and labor intensive, but it rewards in spades with excellent reflective and color qualities.

Zymol Vintage: It was hard to believe that wax could actually improve in performace over a very good example such as Zymol Concours. Vintage adds another dimension to the performace of a good EG wax; Volume. Vintage has a great sense of fullness, and it has one of the best color responses that I've seen yet from almost any medium. It doesn't give you a super wet look in the beginning stages, akin to most zymols I've seen. Everything changes, however, when you've reached the third coating. Zymol explodes into a crescendo of color, volume and clarity with its finish, and it puts the exclamation point in reflective range. I could go on all day about Vintage, but to sum up it is an excellent wax and a great value.

15. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Purple Haze
    Blue Velvet
    Supernatural
    Natty's Red, White, and Blue
    Need for Speed
    Rubbish Boy's OE
    CG's Blitz
    Zaino Z2
    I'm sure I've forgotten a couple

16. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Pinnacle Souveran
    Pinnacle Signature Series II
    Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Polycharged
    Wolfgang Fuzion
    Wolfgang DGPS
    Wet Obsession
    Blackfire Midnight Sun
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 885
    Collinte 476
    Gliptone
    Chemical Guys Butter Wax
    Natty's Red Wax
    Menzerna FMJ
    Duragloss 501
    Duragloss 105
    Duragloss AquaWax
    Mothers Reflections Wax
    Mothers Reflections Top coat
    Mothers Power Wax

One thing that I would like to add to my list is Super Natural...:thumb:

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

18. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

My wax collection is ridiculous. I only have two cars. I have no need for all of these protectives. Perhaps in a year's time I will find myself selling some of them, but at the present I still want to experiment with all of them. I need to discover whether the boutique waxes really are superior to less expensive waxes like Harly Wax. Here is my collection:

Blackfire Midnight Sun
    Chemical Guys' 50/50
    Chemical Guys' Butter Wet Wax
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 476s
    Dodo Juice Supernatural (sample pot)
    Harly Wax
    Lusso Oro
    Meguiar's Cleaner Wax
    Meguiar's ColorX
    Meguiar's M16
    Meguiar's NXT
    Mother's Reflections
    Mother's Top Coat
    P21S
    P21S 100%
    Pinnacle Souveran
    Swissvax Smaragd
    Ultima Paint Guard Plus
    Wolfgang Fuzion
    Zymol Vintage (sample)

A few of the above were given to me by fellow detailers.

I think I have reached a point where I am beyond temptation. I do not anticipate buying any more waxes for a good while, though i would still like to add Victoria Concours Red and Blackfire Wet Diamond to my collection and perhaps Finish Kare 1000p, too. We shall see if I can resist the temptation. Of course, as Oscar Wilde observed, "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it."

Cheers,
    Al

19. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have both in stock. Feel free to yield as the need arises. LOL

20. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

buncha OTC stuff that i don't remember

CG 5050
    Pinnacle Souveran
    Victoria Red
    Zymol Vintage