What level of correction would you say this rates?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by fellowsdrake, Feb 3, 2013.

1. fellowsdrake

fellowsdrake Two Bucket System Washer

This is my personal car and I'm about to drop some change on adams paint correction stuff. I don't want to waste time going to light, but also don't want to screw up the finish going too agressive. These were taken indoors. So what would yall recomend? (using adams line of products)
    [​IMG]

2. Colinpd137

Colinpd137 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i'm not familiar with adams stuff, just never appealed to me.
    Anyhow, I would go with just a polish. from what I CAN see, it doesn't look bad at all.
    No need to compound something that light imo. Just a waste of clear-coat.
    *Least aggressive method is best*

3. fellowsdrake

4. fellowsdrake

Or would Prima Swirl and Prima Finish be a better combo?

biggest selling point would be ease of use... These below are of my other orange car ford edge (I have two. A: 2007 Mitsu Eclipse GT B: 2007 Ford Edge SEL)
    IMG_0461.jpg

Attached Files:

5. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Adams Polishes are very safe, If your a newb at polishing it is a good starting system to learn the ropes and techniques. it is almost impossible to screw up your paint with their system :)

Go with swirl and haze remover and Fine Machine Polish. do a 2x2 section and find out what yields the correction your after, once you do that move on to the rest of the car. My guess would be one good pass with S&H and 2 passes of FMP. I dont have experience with mits paint to tell you how hard or soft is so YMMV.

Good Luck!

6. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

You could jump right into our Swirl & Haze Remover, as those defects are going to require more than our Fine Machine Polish. Do a 2'x2' section, an see if that eliminates the defects. IF NOT, then jump deeper and get into our Severe Swirl Remover. Make sense?? You are correct in thinking "lightest method first." However, you aren't going to do anything SO aggressive, that you have anything to worry about!! In other words, you aren't going to burn through any clearcoat or anything. So no worries there.

7. fellowsdrake

Ford paint is pretty tough stuff.
    Mitsu... Is probably softer than babies skin.

8. fellowsdrake

not being impatient but I'd like to order some stuff as soon as possible. DD is having a sale on prima products so I was thinking about snatching them up. (doesnt have swirl but I can get that from autogeek). Cheap and I already love the products they use. Would my edge rate a heavier cut?

9. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

10. fellowsdrake

WWWWeeeeelllllll I accidently may have spent 200$ on detailing supplies... Pretty much entire paint correction line by prima. All pads, and autoscrub fine "clay replacement" pad.

11. fellowsdrake

Hydro wash, mystique, cut, swirl, finish, amigo, banana, autoscrub fine, 5 pads, Adams multi purpose cleaner (to clean pads) glide (for autoscrub)

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Good haul, you won't be disappointed

13. fellowsdrake

SWEET! As soon as it arrives I'm taking a wack at it from start to finish. I'll post a little photo journal in the Show and Shine section. "To Polish Two Oranges" PWAHAHAaaa