What is the 1 thing you hate when detailing

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by chefwong, Aug 28, 2009.

1. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

for me, it's taping up.
    I would rather hire someone to do it....

Hell, I think I enjoy doing windows more than taping

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I'm with you on that one.

3. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I think we already have a thread about this.. just can't find it.

With that said.. Interiors! Sucks that they're almost more important than paint correction, as Dave (dsms) said, the owner spends most the time there, and is more likely to notice something wrong there than with the paint :shrug:

I love taping :)

4. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Interiors are sooooo easy to do once you have the process and tools to make it happen . Well for me at least....since I really only deal with my personal rides and not for $$. But it's all the same - and a steamer makes quick work on alot of things....even wheels.

For alot of things, sometimes having theright tools helps. Extractor for carpets makes things a breeze, although me having one is overkill at times...it's a big 'ole Mytee

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

My new least favorite... the front grille. Gets the brunt of the abuse, but I hate the black plastic honeycomb crap. Gotta sit there forever with qtips and sh*t.

6. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

The rear interior window and being bothered.

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Used to be interiors - not anymore... Now I loathe washing the vehicle.. Now I usually have someone else do the washing while I follow up behind him claying the panels

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I hate interiors. I HATE THEM!!!

9. trippmann

trippmann Virgin Detailer

not being able to take my time on every vehicle. having 3 days to work on a car is just feels so nice.

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I don't like tape or the inside of the rear windows.

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats exactly it for me as well. Having a time limit. Just knowing that you could make it just that much better if you had a bit more time.

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Actually, my #1 is being interrupted by neighbors making stupid sarcastic comments such as "what are you doing to it now?"

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I used to always get "Is mine next" Since I don't do mobile and I am indoors I don't get that anymore... Thanks goodness:applause2:

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Tall vehicles. SUVs in particular. With a pickup, at least I can stand in the bed and get to most of the roof that way. On a large SUV, I'm left to suffer on a ladder, and I'm not a big fan of ladders.

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If I stopped doing SUVs I'd lose about 80% of my clients!

16. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

slatted back windows on old mustangs or ferraris

17. Stems

Stems Birth of a Detailer

Not having a wheeled stool when I'm polishing...gets painful after a while! :(

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I still do them - but I don't have to like it. :lol:

19. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I've polished two SUVs.. it was hell! Both black too!

20. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

For me it is buffing tight areas especially so with very oxidise paintwork..