what is on my paint? No clue at all, pls help ...

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by ahwil_lim, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

All senior & professinal members,

Please give some advises how to remove the mark on my car as shown on attachment photos.

I was trying using from less abbrasive to compound pad with xtracut 3M, rotary machine, IPA, clay and so on. I still cant remove the mark. Please anyone can give some advises? I really have no idea How the mark on the paint are so tough to remove ...

really appreciated for advises.

Regards,

Ahwil

Attached Files:

2. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Well, I see no one else has responded after 25 views, so I guess I'll take a stab at it.:hmph:

It looks like to me something has rubbed up against your paint, that or maybe a weird shaped bird dooky.:giggle:

:shead:It looks like you have already used the 1st methods of attack that I would reccomend. But I have a couple of questions?

Can you feel this with your finger nail?

What pads are you using?

What speed(RPM's) are you running the rotary?

:waiting2:

3. richy

richy Guest

I agree with Flash. I can't see the photo b/c it takes too long to load. I wish people would use Photobucket or similar. Anyway, not seeing it well, I would suggest slowly stepping up with compounds until you can remove it. Try it by hand too...Megs 105 by hand will remove damn near anything!

4. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

I was gonna reccomend Meguiars 105 also, but I don't like mentioning product names unless I'm sure a Sponsor on here sells said product.

I see the OP asked fr a Senior.......................Well Richy certainally is a Senior Citizen....Does that count :yikes:

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

You have no idea how it got there?

6. ahwil_lim

Hi Flash,

You are definitely correct, first, its (might be tar, bird shit or anything) something stick on the paint, very tiny ... then I used blackfire applicator with poliseal, keep rubbing it ... the mark become bigger as shown on photos :( ...

second, Im using clay +clay lube, and All purpose cleaner, it didnt work. Third using rotary 2.200rpm, compound pad + 3M xtracut. the mark remain same as before. I was worry to damage further, so decided to stop try anything.

This is my new car, its only 1 month old. Yes, I can feel the scratches on the mark now. But, before the mark become bigger, its swirls & scratches free. I think, The scratches done by myself (keep rubbing it by using blackfire applicator and the mark become bigger).

7. ahwil_lim

Hi Richy,

before using compound pad, I used blackfire hand applicator. keep rubbing, the mark become bigger. hmm ... the mark like mixed into the paint, is it possible? I brought to my friend, he also do business in detailing and a lot of experiences. He also gave up bcoz even using compound pad + rotary, the mark still remain same as before :( ...

Please please, anyone can help me out ... its just 1 month old car.

8. ahwil_lim

Hi D&D,

It didnt have it at first. It just a tiny dirt or tar or anything, bcoz of keep rubbing by using blackfire hand applicator. I really didnt expect that became such mark after that. :(

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Weird... something acidic maybe? try neutralizing with vinegar?

wait for someone else to give the go ahead to try that. I have no idea.

10. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Stop what your doing Immediately, If this is a Brand New Car(09-10)
    Sounds like Clear Coat Failure of some kind(That or your Burning Thru to Primer) Take it back to the StealerShip and see what they say. I wouldn't Mention all the Compounding/Rotary Usage you have performed:giggle:

This really is Discouraging News, I haven't seen CC Failure on a NEW Car since the Mid 80's. What Make car is it, as I will not be looking at them in case I git a Wild Hair to make a NEW Purchase.

Please keep us posted

That Multi Quote Button on the bottom right is your Freind:poke:

11. ahwil_lim

Thanks flash,

Its New facelift Toyota Yaris :( ... I also think that Its impossible coz by hand applicator or whatsoever ... I just only use AIO Optimum poliseal, its just a cleaner & wax ... I dont it could coz such damage though ... I will looking some expect or professional detailers to see what they say abt it ...

Thanks a lot mate ... will keep updating until it remove, i really hope :(

12. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

It looks to me like they are adding to the damage, hence the "spreading" of the mark. Like maybe the CC is failing and all the work they are doing is just making it worse.

13. richy

richy Guest

My FX is parked outside right now b/c I'm working on this 42 Caddy. I looked at it this morning and there was sap from the Oak trees all over it. It took Tarminator and some IRA to get it off, and then washed of course. Sap is a real bitch and will go from clear to dark as it gets rubbed around. If you can't get Tarminator, try some Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol at 100% on a mf. Soak a section and let it dwell on there for a few minutes to soften it up. Let us know how that works...it doesn't sound like cc failure to me either.

14. ahwil_lim

Hi Richy,

May I know IRA = IPA? I tried IPA on it as well, but i didnt work at all :( ...

If IRA isnt IPA, Im not sure where to purchase IRA or Tarminator ... Im living in Indoensia now ... could I get IRA or Tarminator from pharmacy? please advise ...

Cheers mate

15. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Richy wants Sinn Fein and Gerry Adams to attack the spot..lol

16. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

If its a Brand New Car, go to an Independant Body Shop and ask them what it is. After that go to the Dealership and see what they are gonna do about it.I feel they will probally run it thru the Warranty as Dealers are bending over backwards to please customers.

As far as getting Tarminator at the Pharmacy......:giggle: I'm glad to see you are at least keeping a sense of Humor. lol

17. ahwil_lim

Ops ... i thought Tarminator like IPA, hehe

I will try to Acehardware then ...

18. ahwil_lim

Hi Richy,

I asked to Ace, they only have Tar Remover by turtle wax / RainX, May I know is it same as Tarminator? if its same, so Im going to try it on that mark.

19. richy

richy Guest

Dude..where you live your options are limited. Just read the instructions carefully. Even with Tarminator, it's best left to dwell for a minute or so.

20. ahwil_lim

ok mate, thks for ur suggest ... will updated after try it ...