What is a good tire/rubber cleaner?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by er1k, Mar 24, 2008.

1. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

As the title implies, what is a good rubber cleaner? I haven't found one that impresses me yet. What do all of you use? Thanks.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I find amazing roll off works great for cleaning tires..

I know carlos likes to use P21S total autowash for this

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

+1 on the ARO

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have used amazing roll off.. it was great.

The next product I am going to buy will be Eimann Fabrik Tire cleaner (I hope it will be the last rubber cleaner I buy)

Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i use awesome apc undiluted.... going to get grime reaper from CG and try that out

6. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Lately I've been using P21s TAW for tires. I think they do a nice job of just leaving the tire looking basic matte black. Probbably using it more than often as I picked up a 5L refill of it a couple of months ago. I've also used Adam's APC in the past undiluted.

7. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

:deal:

8. richy

richy Guest

Another vote for ARO.

9. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I use ARO and Meguiar's APC+ cut 4:1

10. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

ARO & TAW are my favorites as well.

11. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Would ARO also be able to be used on all-weather mats?

12. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

it sure would

13. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Alright great, thanks. Hopefully ordering some of that soon!

14. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

I use Awesome. It works great and it's very resonable in price. $1 is hard to beat!

15. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Tyre Cleaner:
    For any type of protect ant to work well on rubber first remove any brake dust, road tar, grease and grime, wax and dead rubber from the surface to properly clean it. A tyre cleaner needs to be strong enough to tackle a heavy build-up of tire dressings and road grime, but not damage wheel coatings. It should strip the tyres down to the original rubber surface, this is especially important when you apply a new dressing, as dressings won't adhere to, or create the right shine on dirty rubber.

This tyre cleaner is a strong concentrate; spray-and-rinse tires, without scrubbing, if you are starting on an old, neglected surface, use a fairly stiff tyre brush for the first application and a spray & rinse at least 3-4 times a year - HiTemp Tire Cleaner - Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies

16. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I just use Meg's APC+ cut at 4:1

17. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner, dilutes 1:1 and you can get 2 gallons for the price of one gallon of ARO.

You will see the brown crap just ooze out of the tire that you had no idea was there with this product.

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have found that CG Premium Blue does wonders on tires. Been using it on my personal vehicles and impressed. I use it as a wheel cleaner as well so it's a nice one-step solution.

19. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have been using the LA Awesome and the ZEP citrus cleaner on tires..both work great and it gets rubber clean as new....

both are inexpensive and cleans good...plus you can use it on other areas also on the car...

AL

20. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You can find the ZEP easily at Home Depot!