what I woke up to, ice truck...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by wagonproject, Feb 21, 2011.

1. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Well we over 20" of snow less then 20 days ago, then had a week of 45-50 degree temps. that melted all the snow. Now last night we get this. Not as bad as some ice storms, but we got around 1/2-3/4" of ice. Trees/branches are down everywhere. Some roads you can't pass because the branches are hanging to low from the weight of the ice. Supposed to get a 2-3 inches of snow tonight, though an hour north they didn't get any ice last night but got over a 12" of snow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My yard...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couple of the road...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And thankfully I put this in not to long ago. Lost power for over 9 hours, though they said over 40,000 homes lost power or are still without.

[​IMG]

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Yep, we got the same stuff....

I actually got to see my grass for a few days when everything thawed...

Now it's covered again, we got about 10" last night

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Your wife said its more like 4". Hmmmmm........

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Well ya, after you were done with it,....:spank:

BAM!

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Well played.

6. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

Same in Ohio except it warmed up overnight and we had an inch of sleet on the ground on top of the ice before it turned to snow. With a heated garage and remote starter I haven't touched a scraper in years. :applause2:

What size generator? Selected circuits or the mucho expensive big honkin' switch to power the whole service?

I've been procrastinating about a 17 Kw generator with the big switch... won't power the whole house simultaneously but being selective you can keep the place warm in the winter and cool in the summer while keeping power to sumps etc. Since every day will be Saturday beginning this summer and I expect to be anywhere except where it's cold in the winter I'd like the piece of mind of having power to the house in event of an outage while I'm gone. Coming back in the Spring to find sump crocks overflowed or frozen pipes can't be fun. :yikes:

TL

7. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Damn, that's insane.

8. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Generators are worth their weight in gold when power is lost, I cannot count how many times our place in CT would lose power and the generator would save the day. That ice is incredible!