What hose do you use? (the water kind)

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by DC5Berry, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Let's hear it :)

Also what size? Walmart has one made from Gilmour called the Flexogen. It's 100ft.

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I got hose in different area codes. :D

I just use one that was given to me a while back. it's probably about 75 feet. Regular black garden hose.

3. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I use a kinky hose.:spank: I bought it from Wal Mart. Not sure of the brand, but it sucks. No matter what, it kinks everywhere. It's got more Kink than a strip club. Wasn't the cheapest one either. My next one will be a Goodyear hose. I'll spend the extra money to have a quality one.

4. DanPonjican

DanPonjican Birth of a Detailer

Craftsman premium black rubber hose. Lifetime warranty!

5. DC5Berry

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I had a Sears Craftsman hose but it's so incredibly SHIT. Then I switched to GOOD YEAR and I saw the light. So damn heavy duty!!! Sears is like the TATA NANO versus the GOOD YEAR which is a big fat VOLVO 240!!!

The Crafstman hose on a warm Texas day goes LIMPER than a man with broken legs at a STRIP CLUB. It's HORRIBLE. The lifetime warranty isn't even WORTH IT.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I use what ever doesnt cost much. seems like I need a new hose every year.

8. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Gilmour Platinum 8 ply 5/8" X 50' for me. Its a little stiff when its cold but is nice on warm or hot days.

9. DC5Berry

Man, well maybe I should re-think the Crafstman. My parent's have a black Goodyear hose, come to think of it. I'll have to ask them where they bought it.

10. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I have an OSH Premium Rubber hose. It's exactly like the goodyear one, only red :).

Was like $50-60 though.. :duh:

11. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I get all my hoses, extension cords, sprayers, etc. for free. Yeah I am that cool.

12. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

13. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

14. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I use the 3/4" 75' orange one that they sell at Home Depot...It's nice to get all the volume that you can when you're running an electric pressure washure...Every little bit helps...doesn't really help with a gas PW

15. DC5Berry

Stealing doesn't count :D

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

This is the exact same one I use. However, I think I need a reel for it because it's a pain leaving it rolled on the ground, LoL.

What kind of reels do you guys use for your hoses?

17. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Excellent question. I'm in search of a reel that actually works.

18. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Gilmour makes great hoses. The problem I have with the Craftsmen and Goodyear hoses is that they leave the black junk on your hands. But they will last a long time. I use flexogen hoses at my real job & never have any complaints with them,they even have a decent female connector.

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I bought myself a hose at local Big Lots. $7.50, 50 ft. long. I know, it's the cheapest, but it does the job connecting to a pressure washer, and that's all I need. It will kink, so I'm carefull with it, and don't leave it kinked. It will last me a year, and then I'll get the new one. Hey, you can't loose for this price.
    I also have a Goodyear hose. It's very hard, and I don't wanna use it with a pressure washer, I use it for my backyard... I think it was like $45...

20. DC5Berry

Interesting. I also hate the black stuff the black Goodyear hose leaves on the hands. Maybe I should just go ahead and try out the Gilmour one from Walmart and if it doesn't work like it should, I can return it. Or I could buy two different hoses and return the one that doesn't work right