what do you use to clean windows...towels?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by 99monguse, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

I have found that standard microfiber towels aren't the best for glass cleaning :doh:; therefore, I have been using newspaper. I was planning to buy some waffle-weave towels...but I'm curious as to what you all use.

2. JC98

JC98 Birth of a Detailer

I use a microfiber glass towel. Lower pile and it works well for me.

3. Camaro5Ryan

Camaro5Ryan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

^-- I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I've seen using regular MF towels, but the "cheaper" ones with a short nap. Works well, although you need one to go over it initially, the another dry one to do a final wipe.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The medium is not as important as the technique. Most of the time I use waffle weave towels with straight water. The trick is using two towels. A damp towel will ALWAYS leave streaks. Spray your cleaner on the glass. Use one towel to wipe the window. Flip to a dry side and buff. Once there are no more dry areas on the first towel, use a second towel to buff. Also, in the winter months, run the car with the heat on to warm the air inside the car. Cold air and damp towels equals condensation and its damn near impossible to get windows clean in those conditions. :)

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Good tip there!

8. jeepster04

jeepster04 Virgin Detailer

Its a little pricey but i found using "Glass Master Pro and surface cleaner" with the "Glass Master Assorted Bonnets" both from autogeek. Then use "Adam's 16 OZ Glass Cleaner" from adamspolishes and if you wanna get a little crazy get the "Glass Sealant" from there as well.

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I use Stoners Invisible glass with cheap short microfibers that I use one for wiping and one for buffing to prevent streaks. I use as many as I need to get the exterior and interior.

10. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I use woven polishing type towels that really do not have a nap.

11. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

surgical hucks have always worked well for me and if I have to I will follow with a mf with a short nap.

12. co78

co78 DB Forum Supporter

I always have zero streaking when I use waffle weave or short nap microfiber towels.

13. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i have some old adams waffle weave drying towels i started using and find they work way better then any dedicated glass towel i have tried so far

14. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

+1

I use these as well.

15. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

I have been using the cheap sams club towels for glass, they seem to bunch up too much so I'm in search for something new. I have also tried the indigo towels with the same results.

16. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

2 cheap MFs and Stoner's or Sprayway.

17. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

This....and do not wash with cotton...I learned my lesson.

18. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

FK228 anti static glass cleaner and dedicate MFs. I use sometimes waffle, sometimes regular nap, cleaner conc is mix with distill water, which make very huge difference.

19. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

My method depends on how dirty the glass is.

If the glass is fairly clean I will use the same method as Ken does.

However, when I get a vehicle with a thick layer of film on the glass I do the following,
    1)Spray the glass with glass cleaner
    2)Wipe off with a mf towel
    3)Take a clean mf towel, dip it in hot water and wring it out, then wipe glass
    4)Buff dry with waffle towel.

I have found this works the best to eliminate streaks because the wet towel rinses off all of the glass cleaner and dirt.

20. Believe

Believe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Stoner's invisible glass and cheap mf works well for me also !!!