What do you think of these polish and pads choice

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Frenchie, May 18, 2010.

1. Frenchie

Frenchie Virgin Detailer

Hello,

What do you thinks of my choice of polish and pads in order to work on hard clear coat as BMW and Audi ?

Polish for heavy swirls :
    Menzerna Power Finish PO 85 RD 3.02 or Meguiar's #83 witk Lake Country Yellow

Polish for light swirls or refining :
    Menzerna Final Finish PO 85 RE 5 or Meguiar's #82 with Lake Country White

Glaze :
    PoorBoys - Black Hole with Lake Country Red

The other products i allready made my choice but for the polish/pads equation I still have somme little problems :shead:

Thanks for your help :worship2:

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

What machine?

3. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Menzerna is a good choice for polishes, as I think the Meguiars ones are older. I'd go for CG EZ Creme as I just bought it, but have yet to use it but heard its very good. As for pads dont get the yellows, get the orange, easier to control and leaves a better finish.

4. pektel

I see you are in France. I would then suggest 3m's polishes/pads. Their green compounding, yellow polishing, and blue finishing are all excellent. Paired with the 3m polishes Fast Cut Plus, Extra Fine Compound, and Ultrafina.

Check out I4DETAILING - UK based online detailing & car care superstore for all that stuff, as I don't think there are any supporting vendors here that sell it.

And they are DEAD EASY to remember which polish to use with which pad. They match the color of the pad to the cap on the bottles.

5. impakt

impakt DB Forum Supporter

Do you mean PO203S power finish and not PO85RD? PO85RD is a finishing polish. Not very good for heavy swirls. Better for very light swirls on a LC black or even LC white.

I'd recommend either Power gloss POS34A for heavy swirls and oxidation on yellow or super intensive PO83 for major to heavy swirls on yellow or orange.

Light swirls? PO106FA Super finish on orange or white LC.

6. pektel

Right. But he said PO85RD 3.02, which IIRC is the part number for SIP. PO83 is for Power Finish IIRC.

7. Frenchie

Frenchie Virgin Detailer

8. pektel

All the products I listed are available at that webstore too.