What do you guys use for most one-steppers?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by GDAL, Nov 14, 2009.

1. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Guys,

What are you guys using for most one-steppers? I know there's a lot of factors that affect the outcome ... I just want to hear what are you guys using. The few people I detail for are looking for improvement, but not perfection.

2. dunncsu

dunncsu Two Bucket System Washer

As long as its not a black or really dark color my go to combo is Orange pad and SIP.

Most times turns out great.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Power Finish PO203S with either an Uber green pad, or a 3M UK yellow pad. The 3M cuts a little harder. One pass of 203 certainly doesn't yield a 100% defect free finish, but it gets awfully close. Rarely do I need to do anything else - maybe a heavy cutting compound in some isolated spots for removing RIDS.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

menzerna power finish and green uber pads I think is best one stepper!!

5. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I have really good luck even on dark cars using a DD orange pad and SIP, granted I really work it but it's been great for me

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Menz Power Finish or Scholl S03+/S17 and Gloss it Green pad. Magic.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Menzerna Power Finish and a green Uber pad is the most agressive polish I'll use that I know for a fact will finish down perfectly.

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Uber Green with some Menz compound, the compound really depends on the condition and hardness of the clear..

The Uber green is an awesome pad...

9. bwanderson79

bwanderson79 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have had good luck with 203, but it seems to have a longer working time than other polishes.

10. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Menz 203 with Green CCS or Green Uber pad always works great.

11. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Yeah, it's on the long side with regard to working time. I suspect that's part of why it works so well with pretty much any pad out there - plenty of lubrication, so it'll work with a cutting pad or a light polishing pad.

12. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

+1, though I usually do a pass with 85RD and 3M blue finishing pad on my own car.

13. 911Fanatic

Thats exactly why it works so well. The extended working time allows the polish to break down completely allowing for minor jewelling. Used in conjunction with the proper pad, typically green or white, you can finish down LSP ready in most scenarios.

14. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

another vote for Power Finish P203S.

16. cnut

cnut Guest

Power finish and a green pad worked well with a rotary is hard to beat.

17. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Another vote for the power finish and a green uber pad. I also use the Megs D151 AIO

18. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Power finish and Uber Green or Blue.

I'm pretty sure the people who say Orange and SIP are using PC's and not rotary's, I know that's a favorite on PC's but on a rotary that's gonna be too aggressive for most medium-soft paints.

19. 911Fanatic

Excellent point. Once you get past the green or white pad, you will more than likely be leaving some marring which will require finishing. As stated above, you can go to a more aggressive combo on a pc. I use a Gloss it yellow and Gloss it extreme cut on some one steps. This allows me to actually remove more than I would be able to with my rotary and green/203 combo, and still not have to follow it up with anything.

20. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I've noticed that a lot of people use the Uber green pads. Do they have a lot of cut?