What can I use to remove waterspots from glass?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by newbie001, Oct 30, 2010.

1. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

Should I just try a glass cleaner (I have Stoners)? Or perhaps an All Purpose Cleaner? Or would something like AG SRP work (I have that too). Otherwise I would prefer to find something local (target, walmart...).

Thanks!

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Look for DG's Nu-Glass if you have a CarQuest close to you. 911Fanatic posted a thread (a while ago) regarding its application. It's pretty good for an OTC product.

3. Devinh

Devinh Virgin Detailer

Do you think that nu-glass will be good enough for extremely thick, baked on spots? This car sat in a driveway for 2 years with sprinklers hitting it 1-2 times a week. 0000 steel wool barely touches it. 105 on a yellow pad got it off the paint, would that work on the windows?
    Thank you in advance.

Edit: I don't mean to threadjack OP, just didn't think another new thread on waterspots needed to be started, so I piggybacked on yours. Hope you don't mind.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I don't think you are going to harm the glass with a compound and machine. Just make sure you pay close attention to the heat level. They do make pads designed for glass (rayon pads). I don't know if CG water spot remover would be a viable option. I have a bottle, but have never used it.

5. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

You can use compound with a machine to get the water spots out of the galls but as somebody else said, be very careful of the heat. I would start out with the least aggressive product first. if you had klasse AIO handy I would say try that with an orange pad first. there are a few products that i know would help you but I only know of them being sold via the internet. HD Uno is fantastic on glass but you will not find that locally. my biggest advice would be very careful with pressure and speed on the machine. I have used both a pc and a rotary on glass so it does work , as long as we are careful.

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Nu-glass only works for light/medium water spots. For heavier spots, just follow everyone's advice here regarding compound use.

7. Domman56

Domman56 Birth of a Detailer

polishing compound will work mix it with a lil water and use a coarse rag it'll take it right out

8. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

Thanks all. I have KAIO so I'll give that a try!