What Bare Essentials Do I Need For Mild Paint Correction?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Peacemaker, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Two Bucket System Washer

Hey guys,

I live in an apartment and its really tough for me to detail. I was fortunate enough to find a coworker willing to lend me his garage for a day so I can detail my car. I am planning on borrowing a GG DA from a friend, some pads, and going at it for a mild paint correction.

Since I am borrowing a space and tools, I'm wondering what bare essentials I will need. My buddy has black, blue, orange and red pads for the buffer. I'm willing to buy more if I need it. I have Candy White VW Paint (2011). It has light marring that can only be seen under sunlight.

As for polishing products, I have Poorboy's Polish w/ Sealant, but I don't this will be enough to remove the marring on this hard paint. I was thinking about washing, claying, (buying) D300 + (buying) MF cutting pads, and sealing with (buying) opti-coat 2.0. I have limited experience w/ a DA (only detailed two cars). Have never used opti-coat either.

If the above works, then I'll only need to buy D300, MF cutting pads, OC2.0, and possibly another cutting pad if one of the ones he has isn't enough.

Thanks guys.