What are your detailing tunes?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by DirtyWeRX, Jun 26, 2012.

1. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Just seeing what music you guys are listening to while detailing.

Im usually rocking out to:

- Rush
    - Queen
    - Rob Zombie
    - Old Greenday
    - Pantera
    - Dead Mau5
    - Daft Punk
    - The Crystal Method
    - Stevie Ray Vaughan
    - Eric Clapton
    - Moody Blues
    - Adam Carolla Podcast
    - Car Talk Podcast
    - Whatever else comes up on shuffle

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I dont listen to music while detailing too often
    But when i do its usually some pretty heavy/agressive/loud music

3. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

I only listen to music when I'm detailing in my own garage. I don't like using headphones when I detail, especially when using a machine to polish/wax, or pressure wash because it bugs me when I'm not getting audible feedback from the machine.

But in my own garage, I prefer more chill stuff

311, Dirty Heads, or sometimes I put Iheartradio onto the Club Phusion station and just jam away.

4. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

way back play backs for me...

Euro 90's

5. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

I usually just have my ear plugs in while using a machine. It gets boring but I like to take my occasional breaks so it's not so bad. I'm looking into getting a good set of stereo headphones but would get tired of constantly switching the volume every time I turn off the machine.

6. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I don't listen to music all that often when detailing either and when I do what I feel like listening to isn't especially predictable. Styles I like include:
    Late '60s/early '70s R&B and Funk and modern people workin' those styles like Rapheal Saadiq, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Kings Go Forth, etc.
    Jazz - Miles Davis, Pharaoh Sanders, Ken Vandermark, Lee Morgan, Sonny Clark, James Blood Ulmer, Dave Douglas, Enrico Rava, Tomasz Stanko,....
    Old school punk - The Clash, The Jam, the Buzzcocks, the Undertones, Gang of Four, the Replacements, the Minutemen, Fugazi/Minor Threat, the Descendents, Bad Brains,...
    also
    not-quite-jazz, not exactly rock, world music influenced but solidly American, guitar and studio wizard, Steve Tibbetts

7. DonVaughn

DonVaughn Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Usually always pushing 1hr+ long mixes by Laidback luke, and other EDM DJ's. Allows me to hear a variety of songs in a good mix.

At home I have a mix of everything from Foo Fighters, to James Brown, to MSTRKRFT, to...I could go on.

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Whatever plays on CHOM which is basically all rock from the 70's, 80's, 90', and today....oh wait, change that to the 2000's and today! lol (keep forgetting we're in the 10's now:lol:)

So you're looking at a lot of Metallica, Nickelback, AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Pink Flloyd (sp?), Black Keys, Bon Jovi, Brian Adam,s Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, etc.

9. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Everything depends the mod I'm in.

10. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Love Adam Carolla Podcast too. If music, I usually put Pandora on a My Morning Jacket station and see what it plays.

11. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Dirtywerx- Stevie ray Vaughn is the best guitarist who ever lived. Love his music.

right now Ive been listening to:
    August burns red
    between the buried and me
    eminem
    mumford and sons
    Brand new