What are the effects of freezing on our various detailing products?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by amz, Apr 14, 2014.

1. amz

amz New Member

Whenever I order products via the web I always ask them to hold the package at the post office. Sometimes Canada Post disregards this comment and will leave them at my door or in the package bin of the community mailbox, leaving them to freeze for a couple of hours. Some products like PNS** explicitly say "do not freeze", but most don't have any warnings on them. Another example is people who leave their cleaning products in the winter (here in Ottawa, that meant weeks of -20C being the daily high this year...).

What are the effects of freeze the various products, whether through the postal system or by storing them in the garage?

**luckily, the order with my PNS was delivered on a day where the low was 4C, so it didn't freeze.

2. Sleper

Sleper New Member

I bring my cleaning supplies into the house for the winter have a cabinet just for that. What I have found that at time after they freeze they will not mix properly. Most given a good shake I have found are fine. I try to order purolator so they are not left ourside in the winter. Good luck

3. inDetail

inDetail New Member

The biggest issue is temp swings. In the summer I keep them in the shed. It's shaded 24/7 so even if it's 90 degrees out it's 60 in the shed. During the winter everything comes in except MF towels.
    This year everything is coming inside because detailing biz is gonna drop off a little since I work 7 days a week this year.
    It's like keep wax in the fridge to keep the solvents from evaporating. I would say keep everything 50-65 F. Paste waxes you can keep cold just don't freeze them

4. aquariusashu

aquariusashu New Member

I have found that at time after they freeze they will not mix properly. Most given a good shake I have found are fine.