Werner Aluminum Work Platform; 17 bucks @ Lowes!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Meticulous-Detail, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Thats a great deal. I bought mine 3-4 years ago at around 40 dollars and still think it was money well spent.

3. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I ordered mine online. Once I get off work I'll pick it up. I love avoiding the crowds

4. JBiehl

JBiehl Virgin Detailer

I saw that in their ad but the picture does not give it justice for how big it really is. Ordered myself one as well, like rocket, I too will avoid the crowds :)

5. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I have one and works great for taller cars.

6. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Just ordered 2, very nice to be able to put away my damn step stool! haha!

7. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Better than a step stool/ladder? Nothing more painful than polishing a SUV and having to keep moving the damn ladder around

8. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

I got one today, very nice. Also i thought it would be a lot heavier but it is very light and easy to navigate around an SUV

9. JBiehl

JBiehl Virgin Detailer

They say its like 12lbs but it sure doesn't feel like it :)

10. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Ive really been wanting a platform like that, but Ive seen some that has like a built in surge protector. Basically you plug in an extension cord and the platform has a couple outlets in it. Kinda neat

11. Meticulous-Detail

Griots sells one like that but it is 169.00. I picked the Werner tonight at Lowes and it is well worth the 17 bucks.

12. JOMAX

JOMAX Two Bucket System Washer

I missed out :( all the stores in my area are sold out. Hopefully next year.

Sent from my iPhone using
    TapTalk
    2000 Black DRW F-350
    Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

13. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Ordered, need to pickup soon.

14. Pureshine

I bought mine at lowes not on sale for $20.

15. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Why don't you just get this cheaper one, and do some DIY, like zip-tie or velcro a surge protector on there?

Hell, these are cheap enough, you can do ALL SORTS of fiddling and not feel bad, hahaha!

To Jomax, they will ship them, although it may kill the deal, but all the stores by me are still well stocked with them! Plus, as Pureshine said, they go on basically this same deal all the time!

Black Friday is a scam...I worked retail and always laughed how people freaked out that a laptop or tv was on sale...we had better laptops for cheaper throughout the year, plus most the "GREAT" deals on stuff, those items are a special model only put out for Black Friday, and they are usually just a bunch of old parts from other models put together...

Good deals? Yes!
    Worth standing in line for days to get those deals? Not a chance!

Especially now that there are deals like this, I put in my card number and bought it, now I have 4 days to go and pick them up!

16. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Sucks, I went to my Lowes and it's sold out. I read on the internet description it's only rated up to 225lbs? Does that worry anybody here at all?

17. Pureshine

If you your over 225 maybe ya lol I'm a 170 .lbs

18. Meticulous-Detail

This thing looks pretty sturdy and can probably accommodate more.

19. JOMAX

JOMAX Two Bucket System Washer

Sounds good, I agree on black Friday, I never once went to stand in line, not worth my time. I did go Friday night after the crowd to homedepot, but I love tools :)

Sent from my iPhone using
    TapTalk
    2000 Black DRW F-350
    Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

20. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

not one bit...i work construction and can tell you,
    werner makes a quality product
    and
    anything "rated" at 225lbs can hold over 300 easily...their rating is so there is no way it can fail at that weight...i weigh right about 220, and i would be willing to stand on this with tools on and jump up and down, its STURDY!