well today was a productive day...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by wagonproject, Mar 27, 2010.

1. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Had our oldest backhoe out along a ditch next to a lake picking rocks and the boom finally broke for good. Luckily the cylinder held or else the whole front half would have been in the lake. Guess its time for a new boom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know some people post about there jobs and this is one of my others. Get rocks for free and sell them.

2. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

bummer, must have been this silly cold front we just got

looks like she could use a coat of wax though :)

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

dam!!!! ive never seen that happen ever...

4. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Finished her up. Just over $1800 into it. $1600 for the boom, and a few hundred for a small new "rubber" line and a lot of oil. Got $260 at the scrap yard for the old boom ($230 a ton). Saved myself $550 for another new line by welding in a $6 piece of pipe, lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I sold a rock today for $1100 and 5 truck loads at $750 each so it paid for itself today, lol.

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

6. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

boy i must be in the wrong line of work. i gotta start selling free stuff :thumb:

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

what the? mind telling me how you got into that. I am surrounded by rocks out here in this god forsaken place. Would be nice to make some extra ends here and there LoL.

Sweet deal though man.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Selling rocks for cash? You my friend are a god!

9. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

nice.

so let me get this right..

you tool along on someone(s) water line dig up rocks and sell them to the folks that dont have a big yellow thing to pick them up for them selves?

remind me not to buy Lake Michigan water front near you :)

10. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

do you have any photos of what an $1,100 rock looks like? Must be a huge almost perfectly round boulder that someone plans on using in the front yard i guess.

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What kind of a rock would fetch $1,100? Curious here...

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

any pics of that $1,100 rock or any words of wisdom on getting and selling rocks?