Well looks like forum is up and running now.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Nica, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Looks like the programers have been busy at work on the forum and changes are constantly being made but it's starting to come together and hopefully all features will be up and running 100% shortly. There are still a few things that are required to be modified/adjusted but the forum requires constant change/revision/upgrading.

So if you guys see something that is not working properly or something that needs adjustment or even if you would like a certain feature added/modified feel free to ask. The forum is here for the members, the members make the forum. So feel free to share you thoughts/opinion good or bad is always welcome (as long as it's communicated in a respectfull way).

Oh one thing you guys may or may have not noticed is that if you look at the lower left hand side you will see a box with a drop icon beside it. It's defaulted to always say "Knockout", so if you click on the drop down icon there are three different types of "skins", skins are basically themes that alter the colour and appearance of the forum. I put three in there with the idea that members could choose the appearance they prefer from the three that I had placed there and that way the forum is customized to the member’s taste/mood. Unfortunately I had to limit it to three because it takes quite a bit of space on the forum, so I picked the ones that I thought would appeal to members. Now keep in mind that the programmers are still working on the other "skins" so it may not appear exactly as the default screen "Knockout".

Well like I said any feed back is always welcome and I'm constantly looking to improve the forum and I will share my thoughts, opinions about what I will be doing with the forum on this topic. This will be an on going conversation/updates to the forum.

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

the forum is looking great :D

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Mine is set to "coolex" because I find the "knockout" hard to read. The forum is working pretty smooth, the side link that says Forum Index does not work though.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

klumzypinoy - Thank you for the compliment buddy, glad you like it. Like I said the forum is for all the members. So I hope it apeals to everyone.

sneek - Glad you like Coolex, hopefully soon all the skins will be up dated with all the appropirate buttons like Knockout was done. Oh and I've already notified the programers about the Forum Index. But thank you for pointing it out, if you see anything else please let me know or posted here, thank you.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh another thing I forgot to mention is that the forum has been set up that you can post lots and I mean lots of pictures in one single post. The limit is quite high on the amount of text and pictures that can be posted on a single post. There shouldn't be any need to split your posts up, well not unless you prefer to split it up.

If for some reason you do max out the amount of text/pictures on a single post let me know please.

Thank you

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hmm so will it be almost impossible to reach the limit?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Well you know how many pictures I take and post and not even I have been able to max out the limit per post. Trust me I've tried :D

So I'll be very surprised if someone does, but I'm sure it will and when it does just send me a PM and I will increase the limit.

8. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

its looking good, i know the work you have put into this and in my opion it has paid off (maybe becasue i wasnt doing the work lol).

I think everything turned out great and I think this forum is going to be the new standard. We already have many great memebrs.

Thanks for all the hard work Carlos

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I can't take all the credit, all the hard work has been done my the programers. Two good friends that were willing to help me out with this. This forum looks great because of my two friends helping me out.

I'm just glad it apeals to the members.

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I don't think I take as many pictures as you do, but I should get into the habit of it :)

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Love that you can add ALOT of pictures :D

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Yup, no limit boys as to how much you can post per post. Well there is a limit but it will take a large post to hit the limit. Glad you guys like it and there are more surprises to come ;)

13. Nica

Nica Banned

One thing that I just realized, if you would like to activate the Pop-up notification for new Private Messages you may do so by following these insructions:

Click on User CP then on the right pane click on Edit Options, scroll down to the Private Messaging header and there are a few boxes to sellect. The box you want to have a check mark on is the one that says the following "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up".

From then on you will receive a Pop-up notification when you have a new Private Message.

14. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

How about a little thing at the bottom that says whose online?

15. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

there is one on each thread that says who is viewing the thread, as well as on the homepage there, to the left side, there is a box with online members... ohh and you can go to the quick links, who is online

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Besides the one's that Calgarydetail pointed out what did you have in mind bro?

17. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

18. Nica

Nica Banned

I think I know what you mean, I'll ask the programers see if it can be added. I'm sure it can it's just a matter how long it would take. I'll have the programers put it up on the forum so that we can look at it and see how it looks.