1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Would like to hear some thoughts on these waxes.

CG 50/ 50
    CG Petes 53'
    CG XXX

Right now Ive got SSII (love it), Liquid Souveran (not impressed), Souveran Paste (havent used it enough), and DP MaxWax (like it).

2. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I have had the xxx and the petes 53.I do not think either one is better than sig series 2.I really did not see a diffrence in shine between the two.I know your in my area so I will check and see if I have some chem guys wax left(I gave it all away I think)But I will let you know.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Dan, you already know my thoughts on the Petes, I will bring it by tomorrow for you to try out.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I have Pete's but I can't comment on looks. It is an easy on easy off wax though. I just haven't developed an eye for waxes yet...

5. D&D Auto Detailing

Didnt have time to try out Petes today. Might be able to next month. You guys have also gotten me interested in Victoria concours. Hoping to set up a comparison between Victoria, Souveran, and Petes 53. Maybe even Swissvax BOS too?

6. D&D Auto Detailing

How does Victoria compare to Swissvax BOS?

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I got interested in Victoria wax as well!

8. D&D Auto Detailing

Any good places to buy it besides victoriawax.com?

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

i cannot compare vw to bos as i have not used bos, however i can comment on vw concours.

This wax was my favorite for the longest time, if you are interested in breaking into the premium wax market this is a great start.the looks are fantastic, concours leaves the wax deeper then you imagine, wet, and has great durabilty (aout 6 weeks in calgary, which is a to... ohh and thats when it started to go not when it was gone) . an added bonus is that its not to expensive.

I cannot say enough good things about victoria wax concours, i recomend everyone who wants a great wax should try it

10. D&D Auto Detailing

Thats what I wanted to hear. I am definitely wanting to get into the high end waxes. Im getting rid of my Souveran paste and will probably forget about the CG waxes and go for Victoria instead.

How many layers do you usually apply? 2 or 3?

11. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

D&D you don't like Souveran much?

12. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I personaly dont like soveran, i dont think its nearly deep or wet enough, yo will find that victoria wax far exceeds the looks of sovergean.
    when I started with vw there was a kit that came with 3oz of wax, 8oz of soap, lite cleanse, and detail spray. It also came with a bar of clay.

I have not seen it on the new site so i dont know if they still offer it, it would def be worth a call to see if he still offers the kit

edit: on customers car i usualy just put on 1 coat, however when its on family cars i normaly have 3 or 4.

I am pretty much out so i cant send you a sample, i have also not ordered more becasuse I have way to much. I am working on using some up, but even with vintage I wll be reordering some VW

13. D&D Auto Detailing

I didnt get enough experience with it. But it sounds like theres better stuff out there, so Im going for it. Plus, Souveran doesnt last long, so I dont really want to give something to my customers that doesnt last long. That just doesn't make sense to me. If theres something out there that looks better then Souveran AND lasts longer, then thats the ticket.

Id like to start doing 2 coats of wax and or sealant on customer cars.

Thanks for the offer Calgary, much appreciated!

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I think I will skip the Souveran and go straight to Victoria!

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

5050 is great like Souveran, but doesnt last
    53 is AWESOME! Less wet than souveran but lasts longer!
    XXX is like Maxwax. Great "cheap" wax. But I sill like MAXWAX better.

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Souveran acts more like a glaze than a wax IMO

17. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Disappears that fast huh?

18. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Ease up on Souveran, it works very well.

19. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Not so sure about Souveran not lasting that long. I put some on a customers black Monte Carlo SS. The car is her daily driver and its garaged when at home. I put the Souveran on in June and when I went by her work the other day I saw the car. It was raining and water was beading like I had waxed it yesterday. She has done nothing to the car other than a few washes since I detailed it.

I ordered Pete's 53 just the other day and look forward to trying it out hopefully this weekend.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

I don't mind Souveran, I definetly noticed a difference but mind you my previous so called "detailing" intailed using Mothers three step system and when I was done with my vehicle I thought it looked great....now that I know the true meaning of deatiling and my first purchase of wax was Souveran I totally noticed a difference.

There will always be something better and lets not forget that it's all perspective too. I favour one wax others favour another wax.

I just enjoy trying a bunch of products and adding more to my colection :D