1. yiyiyi204

yiyiyi204 Two Bucket System Washer

So last night, I wanted to test out the beading on my Victoria Concours that I just got. I sprayed the car down at night with the regular water out of the hose (I know.. HUGE MISTAKE), and watched it bead in the garage. Went inside, watched some Sportscenter, came back into the garage and oh boy was their a lot of waterspots.

I obviously don't have a CR Spotless, and never believed in one (I'm a newbie) until now but how would I go about removing these water marks. Can I just do a regular wash? The ones on the windshield are even harder to wipe off then the ones on the paint. Any suggestions?

2. Bunky

Bunky Guest

How are you tryng to remove them? You can try detailer, some diluted car wasb, vinegar/water (50/50), a cleaner wax or a pure paint cleaning polish. You need to get remove them immediately.

3. richy

richy Guest

Bunky's right...get at it sooner than later and try a mix (50/50) of vinegar and water. There are stronger products on the market, but if you're at it quickly enough, the vinegar/water should do ya just fine.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Just try washing it with a strong wash first, and see what that does. If that doesn't work, go the above route...

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Great advise here :thumb:...can't really add anything else..besides how important it is to have nice clean water...I used to think that water was water what does it matter but now I sometimes use RO water to ONR wash my vehicle :thumb: The CR unit is a great tool, well worth the price.

6. yiyiyi204

yiyiyi204 Two Bucket System Washer

Well, it came off rather easily with a strong wash. I was pretty surprised since using a quick detailer last night didnt work. Thanks for the advice though guys, I will keep that in mind.

7. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

you guys are spot on.. sooner the better.. esp if your lsp is weak and/or been on a very long time..

i second using cleaner fluid.. when it gets bad they etch into the clear coat which will need to be polished out.

water spots can be a real pain to use.. i had some from a sprinkler system that i didn't get to for a week a bout a year ago and it took two passes with sip and an orange pad @ 1600rpm on the makita to get the mineral deposits such as calcium out from the top trunk panel. i haven't had anything near that in my life and it was when i was just really getting to this as a serious hobby.