Water stained glass??

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Lito, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Lito

Lito Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi Guys!

I was wondering what can i do to remove hard water stains on glass??

I've tried some Glass Science products i found... one of them is called "Glass Scrub" or something like that... It did worked but it took me a looong time to remove some of the stains, with my DA and a polishing pad.

Can i try like something menzerna on glass???

Thanks!

Lito

ps. Excuse my horrible english I'm from Guatemala!

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Be very careful when polishing windows with a DA. There are great products out there, for example by Duragloss, that do a great job in polishing the glass without needing to put a machine on it.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I really like Duragloss 501, with a PC and white pad.

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Polishing glass with a DA and a mild polish/ pad combination is very easy and low risk. Any AIO paint product with a white LC pad will most likely be sufficient to remove the spots after a couple applications if they are very bad.

Have you tried vinegar yet on a cloth to see if that will remove the spots? This won't work if they are very bad or the glass is etched.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

vinegar never worked for me. believe it or not i personally have never tried it but have seen some reputable people use m105 on glass.

what i use right now is duragloss nu-glass and that works well. i use it with a rotary on a Orange or white pad as well as by hand.

6. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

The Autoglym Glass Polish is a really nice product and it appliess by hand.

7. Lito

Lito Any Rag Vehicle Washer

thanks for all the tips!

i've used vinegar with no luck :(

Today i'll try something a mild polish/pad combo and see what happens, glass scrubb was not enough i guess!

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru