Water spots etched in windows?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by AG74683, Nov 14, 2009.

1. AG74683

AG74683 Virgin Detailer

At least this is what I believe it to be. Ive used Stoners on it and it did not work so its definitely etched in.

Whats the best method to get rid of this? Think a clay bar will do it?

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Have a look at this review of DG Nu Glass. You can also use it with your polisher and pads. It should clean up your glass for you.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Nu Glass will work great, but if you cant find it local, and if you only wanna look local, look for a mild polish. But you can get DG pretty fast from DG webpage and have pretty cheap shipping and fast to NC as the are in NC I think.

Did you get the 845 ok?

4. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

+1!!!!!!!!!!!

5. AG74683

AG74683 Virgin Detailer

Yes I did, thanks again! I sent you a PM when I got it I believe.

Doesnt really matter about local or not. Most of the good supplies I want I'll need to order online. The Autozone stuff just does not cut it. Those "Glass Cleaning" Microfibers I got are total crap. They can clean like 2 windows before they get soaked.

6. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

+1!!!! I think Ken actually lives next door to me and just posts Canada to get me for the shipping!!!!:shead:

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yeah I got a few of those and were crap, Target ones I have not are better but I dont really use MF to clean glass anymore but there is no Target by you.

I have had good luck with 1z Glas Polish but only AG has any left as of now.

8. AG74683

AG74683 Virgin Detailer

What is the choice glass cleaning towel besides MF?

There is a target back home, I'll check it out whenever I head back that way. Im just having trouble picking what supplies I want to buy. I really want to order from one place instead of a few to save shipping costs.

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I dont like using MF just because I like to wash them after use and no sense in only washing a few. I end up using shop paper towels, or news print without writing on it.

Good place to get alot of stuff you would need would be Ken, Phil (DD), Justin has a good section of products but amazing MFs. AG is a good place and has free shipping right now over $75 & 15% off.

10. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

dg nu glass looks like glass science's glass scrub they use for removing salt, water spots, etc. i feel one company may have a better reputation than another and that product drives more sales. would you consider megs 105 a mild compound i could use for removing water spots that glass science could not?

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Try meguiars Plastic X, i know its for plastic but it works on the windows!

12. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

I dealt with some water spotting/etching this weekend while detailing a friends '00 Taurus. A lot of hard water down here....

Nothing Menzerna PowerGloss, 4" PFW pad, and my Makita couldn't fix.