Water retainment/reclaimation mats.. need some help here

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Will, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Will

Will Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Does anybody use these or can recommend any? I am thinking about getting one to help promote by business as being more eco-friendly and also keep my clients property dry and clean. Having one will allow me to work in areas with stricter water regulations along with locations with environments where I can't have excessive amounts of water around me.

I've look at what Chemical Guys have to offer but it seems pricey.

2. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I know it looks a little tacky, but if you could make it look better, I saw someone on YouTube made one with a 16'x20' thick tarp and sewed pockets on the sides and stuffed the kids pool noodles in it...would cost very little, but like I said, you would need to figure a way to make it look more professional, or I would want to find a way...

3. Will

That's not a bad idea, but I would imagine it would take a serious machine to sew a tarp. I could be wrong though.

4. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

5. Will

6. 3PedalMINI

3PedalMINI DB Forum Supporter

Yeah! if you could just find a nice drain and a black tarp and sew around some pool noodles i think you could make it look pretty slick! Even if it lasts a few months you could build quite a few of them before you would break even on a pre-made one. Drain would be key though. Also you can go down to a thrift store or sewing shop and pick up an old machine for pretty cheap. Not like you need it to do anything fancy! if you decide to make one let us know!

7. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

The problem we have with our containment mat is it's a PITA to put away after mobile use. We use wash berms and shop vac when we know the mat is not necessary for the area.

8. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Avoid the CG one, have heard its way expensive for how it performs.

9. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

it seems like making your own might be the way to go. i just got a shop with no drains and i am looking for a mat myself for the times i need a power washer when onr is not enough. ive seen the detail king matts in person and they are very high grade matts and nicley made.