Water Lift

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Oct 10, 2009.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

hello all,

looking to go mobile with my business and need input on water lift.

now I have the sanitaire 6080 and it has 150 psi and 137" water lift which I find this combination to just be superior. the size of the unit is not practical for being mobile so it will stay in the garage.

I think I am going to get the Aztec Hot Rod (65 psi and 102" water lift) as everyone on here has said great things on it and they all down the Durrmaid as being a trouble maker (stay away).

my question is this, is 102" of water lift enough to remove water from carpets?

I will be using my VX 5000 steamer ( 298 degree steam) and maybe a pre-treat solution on floor mats and then want to follow up with extracting using the aztec hot rod. probably will not have to use the water solution from the hot rod on this as the steamer alone can saturate the floor mats.

next will use the hot rod to do all floors of car interior as most cars are not really really bad and only need something like the hot rod to bring back the new look. if any areas are really bad I can always hit them up with the VX 5000 and pre-treatment.

any feed back on this method? am looking to make a purchase this weekend on the extractor so anyone that can tell me if 102" water lift is enough to dry a saturated floor mat would be greatly appreciated.

godoman

2. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

The 102 will be enough, its just going to be slower than 137. Just make a couple dry passes to make sure the water is out. And your tank will fill up faster with the Aztec meaning you will have to dump more often.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

102 inches should be ok. As CF said, it'll just take a wee bit longer.

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

You will be fine as I have that unit and have no complaints

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

rwise jr,

I hear alot from you that you love the hot rod and it is from your feedback that has helped me narrow it down to this unit. how is it in regards to extracting fabric seats? is it just as effective?

marcus

6. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

It is very effective from my experience with it . They key with any extractor is to not over saturate the material you are working on . I need mine to be mobile and the AZTEC fit the bill . I looked at the Durrmaid at the time and I heard way to many negatives and I saw way to many for sale on ebay.Which was a red flag in my book. They have since redesigned it so it maybe just as good as the AZTEC. But option wasn't available tome when I was in the market.I was in need of a stationary unit then I would go MYTEE hands down. But I am very happy with my purchase of the AZTEC and it has paid for it self