Water filters- which one?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Calgarydetail, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I am looking at getting a water perification system. I do most washeds for clients at there houses but i think it would be benfical anyway. I think it would be good with onr. Also I thikn the family rides deserve only the best.

There area few I have looked at getting. I was wondering, for those who have tried, which ones would you recomend, and ofcourse where to get it (so I order the right one)

Thanks for the info

2. Nica

Nica Banned

If your looking for a good filter and are willing to spend some coin on it I would strongly recommend the CR Spotless System. I've been using it for a bit now and I'm very pleased with the results, you literally don't have to dry a vehicle but I always do anyways I enjoy feeling out the vheicle. Now I've got my self a small air compresor and at the fire truck shop there is a big compresor and now that I'm using the compresor's it makes drying the vehicle even better. No water spots what's so ever and no rush to dry a vehicle either.

I'm trying to think of negative points about it but to be honest I can't think of any. I mean the resins will last only so much and that's due to the hardness of the water. But I've only had to re-charge my CR system once now and I detailed quite a few vehicles.

So I'm very pleased with this system and I would strongly recommend it. It lives up to it's name and well worth the money.

Here is the website in the US:
    http://crspotless.com/

But there is a Canadian site that you can order them from too:
    http://www.garageoutfitterscanada.com/catalog/37

3. Calgarydetail

Thanks for the info Carlos, ther is some good stuff there. I didnt relize how much they wehre.. hmm perhaps a cheaper on is needed... thanks for the info though, those look great...
    well im off to conipmate it

4. Nica

Nica Banned

To be honest Calgarydetail, not sure what else is there that would be as good as the CR system. Oh actually there is another one ....mmm...but I can't remember the name, I'll have to look for the link. It's a Deionized filter as well and it's around $300 ish perhaps a little bit more but not bad at all.

The reason why I didn't go with it is because of the water flow. The other filster system that I'm speaking/typing off is very limited on the amount of water you get to use.

I'll look for the link. If you go with cheap filters they really won't do much for you. D&D was using an okay filter and upgraded to the CR filter system becuase the cheap filters don't really do much.

I looked and looked for filter system and even sparkie helped me out by phoning some manufactures too and CR was the one for me.

If you find any other filters out there please let me know I'd love to read up about them.

5. Calgarydetail

cool thanks, that makes alot of sense. I think im going to have to start reading. I acutlly have a fried whos dad owns a water filtartion company (soft water tanks, RO, filtration, ext) so I will see if he has any trade secrets for me.... as for ordering. Now that I think of it winter is comming, all the was has is presure washers so I would full a bucker with filtered water to do a final rince.. kinda like wrx does...

thanks again for the info

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

CR Spotless. I sent a good PM to Nica awhile ago describing some stuff about how it works, and why others dont. Basically, it comes down to how long the water is subjected to the filter. The higher the GPM, the less time it has to be filtered, thus not working as well. You need to limit the GPM as much as possible, and get a quality filter. The 20" CR Spotless system will only work with up to 4GPM. A hose without a nozzle does 8+GPM. My pressure washer does 2.5GPM. My 20" system gives me 000ppm water.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

So you have a friend who owns company on water filters..mmm...I'm still very much interseted on RO filter if you do speak with him keep me in mind. I'm still interested on the RO filter :D

8. Calgarydetail

well I had a chat with him last night. he did not knowbut was going to ask his dad who was worign (hes also a firefighter). I told him about the product and showed him pics, told him i wanted something like that. He said he would talk with his dad to see which optio was best, maybe there is something else he has thats not inline for hoses but would work great. So Im waiting on his response.

As for RO, what are you looking for. I think there area few difffrent sizes and stuff so hes going to ask. Im sure. But yeah I will ask him about RO

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well for RO if there is a chance of something like the CR system that would be sweet...not sure if if there is though? I found only one RO which looked the same as the CR but to many negatives to it so I didn't persue it.

10. Calgarydetail

cool, next time I see him i will ask.