Washing Matte Paint with HD WASH

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by David Fermani, Jan 15, 2014.

1. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

With all the hoopla swelling from companies marketing their product line exclusively to owners/detailers of Matte finished vehicles, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring with HD WASH. You will certainly find HD WASH to perform extremely well on not just standard clearcoat finishes (and single stage for that matter), but it does an even better job on Matte finishes too. No longer will detailers and enthusiast car owners need to search and feel compelled to purchase a specialty soap for their Matte paint finishes. HD WASH's performance doesn't discriminate on what kind of paint you have when it comes to cleaning power, delicateness & anti-streaking characteristics. Not only will you enjoy the pleasant scent of HD WASH, but you'll like it's super versatile performance even greater. Chemically PH Balanced means that it won't strip existing protection, but with its outstanding water sheeting properties you can rest assured knowing that your paint will be less subjective to pesky water spots which can play a major role in the final appearance of not just standard paint finishes, but Matte ones too. Here's some pictures I took on a recent mini-detail I did on a client's $160,000 Mercedes G65 AMG with black Matte paint. Nothing too crazy, just a good quick wash.

Only 1 ounce is needed with 3 gallons of water to produce insane amounts of luxurious later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st a good rinse down to remove all the topical abrasives. This will dramatically eliminate wash induced marring:

[​IMG]

I've been using Micro Fiber towels more and more as my go-to wash media with outstanding results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let it dwell while on move onto the wheels.

[​IMG]

Spray with some HD TOTAL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a good rinse to get the soap off (you can tell WASH likes to sheet as soon as the water hits it):

[​IMG]

Flooding It:

[​IMG]

Notice the sheeting starting to begin:

[​IMG]

Getting there:

[​IMG]

The rest of the vehicle virtually dry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now dry up all the left over water:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All dried up awaiting some HD DRESS after. I think HD WASH produces a really nice even glow to the finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Looks nice :)

3. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks Pureshine!