Washer Fluid and Wipers Blades...

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by artemis53, Jan 1, 2013.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Which do you use?

Currently I use the green Rain-X for bugs...it works well, but I want better...

What I want is a good fluid that cleans REALLY well, but won't dry the blades too much. Freezing is not important to me as I live in Los Angeles. I have looked at those P21 and 1Z concentrated additives, are they good? What is your favorite?

And for blades, I want to get some new ones soon, some of the high-end silicone ones. The main names I see are Rain-X, Bosch and PIAA...what is your favorite blade? I have a 2011 Silverado that is my DD/Work Truck...

And on the same note, when I wash my truck, I always clean the glass and wipers, but how do you guys clean the wipers, and do you condition them or put anything on them?

I normally use just my meg's glass cleaner on the wipers too, but it takes a lot of scrubbing, think zep citrus 10:1 would work and be safe? and I have thought of dressing them after with VRT or 303, do you think those would work, and not streak?

Thanks!

2. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

I Aquapel my windows, as well as use Valeo wipers. They work great. I have some 1Z washer fluid concentrate, but have yet to use it. I rarely ever use washer fluid as it is. I've never seen anyone condition wipers, nor do I think that'd be very efficient or effective. I'd probably just get a bottle of Rain-X, spray it on a window towel, and use that to clean the wiper blade. If your wiper is no longer doing the trick, I'd replace it, rather than try to salvage a worn-out unit.