Wanted: Some samples...

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by spK, Oct 16, 2008.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Hey guys,

Kinda new to the detailing scene, just dumped about $300 bucks into detailing gear so far :headbang:

I was browsing some polishes online but there are so many but I narrowed it down to a few and would like to get some samples (hopefully by next week). Just enough to do a whole car (is300).

Meguiars #105
    Meguiars #95
    Menzerna PO106FF
    Menzerna PO87MC

Oh and a sample of Chemical Guys CWC.

Any other input about polishes are greatly appreciated!

Sorry nothing to trade, I'll send some mula in paypal if necessary.

Thanks

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Menzerna can be very tricky to work if you've never worked any polish before. You should work up to it. Keep it more simple.:shrug:

3. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

What do you mean by tricky? and what should I start from? I just read the detailing logs and thats how I narrowed the polishes down to those =)

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Thats good that you did the reading. That was very smart of you. You did narrow it down to some very good polishes too. For a some one new you really want to start with a one step product, maybe. So you can concentrate on your machine technique and not so much breaking down polishes. It was hard for me to do both. I'm really talking about the menzerna not so much the Megs.

Wait until the morning to get more opinions and see what happens when everyone puts there heads together. Don't worry things will work out for next week...

Are you using a Rotory or a PC ? Won't be so bad if you're using PC. I been going on the asumption that you're using a Rotory...

5. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

PC ftw.
    About to order some orange, white and gray pads from AG.

6. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

i have all of those PM me if you want.

7. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

You should try out the Meguiars #151 (Paint Reconditioning cream).

It's an AIO and it's truly fantastic stuff to play with... very versatile :thumb:

8. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

scheerspeed,

PM me, your inbox is full

kenny1775, do you have any meg #151? I only see 1 gal size online...

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

10. kenny1775

kenny1775 Jedi Nuba

I just checked out the link from Slanguage.

Seeing as how I'm in Canada shipping is kinda' pricey. It would probably be cheaper if you just bought the sampler 12oz from that site. :thumb:

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

12. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

13. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

ADS is nice. I ordered from them again earlier in the week. Probably about the same price as your order :D