Vxr Under Bonnet?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by vxrmarc, Jan 17, 2008.

1. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

Im thinking about doing some chrome work and getting my engine cover sprayed and clearcoated and then give it a high gloss polish and a good waxing possibly destiny or something....Has anyone any comments on waxing under the hood??

Ok give me your opinions on a new spray job under my bonnet.....

My engine

[​IMG]

Sprayed and clearcoated

[​IMG]

and fitted (mine will have blue samcos)

[​IMG]

and photoshopped approx

[​IMG]

Whatcha reckon??? And do you think waxing will have any chance with the heat??

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

That would be WICKED!!

I don`t think the wax would live long, because of the heat. Gets pretty hot.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I agree with pirex.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

That looks sharp :thumb: I'd say go for it, I personaly like the colour.

As for the wax, if your putting the vehicle on a show then absolutely yes a waxing is a must but if it's protection your after I'd go with a sealant. Engine bay gets quite hot and unless your going to be waxing it every weekend I can't see the wax lasting under such heat build up...but that's just my guess.

I wonder at what temperature would wax melt and remove from the surface?

Where's TOGWT he will know :cheerl:

5. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Have you considered that color in a powder krinkle coat, similar finish to that black pipe?

Either way, body color would look real sharp.

And no, I doubt wax would have any chance in there... Might smell nice as it melts though...

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Engine carries too much heat. I'd seal for sure, but not wax. Jetseal, that is...

7. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

No i think your all correct sealing is the way to go..

I have now found someone who is willing to make all my under bonnet bits and full chrome and gold plating aswell if i want it but think that may be ott..

Here is the crossover pipe he has done me.....All smoothed off and double chrome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has also done the top hat aswell the other side at the rear in double layer chrome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have also done all the interior lighting but ill put that on a seperate thread..lol