Volvo S40

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by BigDreZ28, Sep 9, 2013.

1. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

Belongs to the wife of the SVT Lightning I detailed last month. The SVT lightning will be back this weekend for a wheel correction and interior detail.

For the Volvo:
    Interior goal: Full correction package
    Exterior goal: Basic protection package

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dirty tire

[​IMG]

Bug removal/Foam/Wash/Nanoskin decon mitt

[​IMG]

Looked like it hadn't been washed in quite awhile, cobwebs in the badges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phillies badge came off easy. Bottom badge required heat gun and plastic razor. Residue removed with Tarminator and then polished the areas back to shine.

[​IMG]

Doggie paw magnet did a number on the paintwork. Compounded and polished out.

[​IMG]

Applied Collonite 845 via machine this time. Why haven't I started doing this earlier? Easier on the arms, thin and more even coats done in less time. 2 coats were applied.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior

So. Much. Pet hair. Interior didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Seats would not come clean at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Client didn't even know that the seats folded up like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Removed the cupholder tray for good measure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most rewarding part of the job was the steering wheel. Client said it was dirty when she bought it used and added to it significantly. Steering wheel has never been cleaned in her 4 years of ownership.

[​IMG]

I ended up using Autofinesse Hide Leather Cleaner, a stiff brush (didn't need much pressure but a boars hair wasn't cutting it very well), and about 30 minutes time. 50/50

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clean tire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing

[​IMG]

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

looks great nice work :)

3. Wow that car turned out great. What did you use on the interior? Have you tried Folex? I works awesome and isn't expensive at all.

4. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

Thanks..yes folex is my go to for interior ...didn't help much here