Vinyl-Rubber Care: Awesome!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by krshultz, Feb 19, 2010.

1. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've used Cockpit Premium for a while now, and like it very much. When I want to change it up, though, and use something with a bit of a "look" to it, I find myself always coming back to good old Vinylex. Well, this afternoon, I tried Vinyl-Rubber Care and Protectant (VRCP?) on the passenger side door panel, and really liked it a lot. Not shiny, per se, it's got a look to it that darkened up my black vinyl and plastic without much gloss. I finished the interior with it, and it's great. Best part? As with every 1Z product I've yet to use, it smells GREAT. I can't quite place it - kind of a citrus smell I think - when I get in the car, it's very pleasant, not overpowering, and clean smelling.

Everything I try from 1Z has been excellent. I can easily see my collection of their stuff growing in the future.

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

This is something I did not want to hear Karl! haha.

Will have to see how I like Scholl Purple 9000 when I get it in and see if I will need VRCP as you call it.

Does it have a sticky feeling at all or change the feel of the vinyl any?

You will like deep plastic cleaner as well if you have used it yet. I agree 1z stuff great!

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I just went out to the garage so I could better answer your question. It's kind of hard to say. The vinyl and plastic on my particular car (Honda S2000, in case anyone else reading doesn't know) feels **maybe** a little bit more slippery, much like one might expect with 303 for example. It's not a huge change. As with most any protectant I use, I buffed it after application. The instructions on the label even say to do this.

The vinyl surfaces on my car aren't the same kind of "rubberized" feeling stuff like VWs seem to have, so it's tough to say for sure how it would behave on yours. Next time I see you, bring a little spray bottle and I'll pour you some.

It's on the watery side when you're applying it, so a small amount spreads a long way. I may very well have used too much, as it was my first time using it. As with most any new-to-me product, I'm still learning its nuances.

When I'm out of Raggtopp, I'll probably switch to this for my convertible top.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

!z vinyl-rubber care is a very nice protectant. It's quite durable on outside trim too, with a proper prep (APC prior to application of 1Z vinyl-rubber). I haven't used it on interior though...

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

1Z rulez! :lol:

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hippie! :p:

That reminds me, I still need to get a hold of some 1z CP. I guess I'll have to add VRCP to the list as well.

7. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

The finish is a low shine dry finish. When you run your finger over it, no residue will end up on your skin. It's why I love spraying it on my tires and exterior trim - it doesn't attract dust. Just stays clean!

It kind of reminds me of that suntan oil you spray and doesn't attract sand (without the sun glistening shine of course :))

8. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I just used some vinyl-rubber care today on the trim of my G8 GT on the rear diffuser. Use it on my Acadia exterior trim as well. I don't want that black faded trim look on my cars (both '09s) in a couple of years. Also, busted out the CP on the interior of the G8 as well. Love the stuff so much, bought a 5L jug of it!!!

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

probably one of the most under rated product out there, we have started to use it on most of our details in the shop.

10. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

Scholl Purple 9000 is my #1 vinyl dressing, smells great and leaves a matte finish.