Victoria

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by 02CAMSS, Oct 8, 2007.

1. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I just ordered concourse red and I was wondering if I should also get the yellow?And how do they compare against each other.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I would say start with concours. concours is deaper and makes the paint look amile deep. The yellow gives more gloss and shine. I find the concours looks better on dark colour but thats jusy my opion.

i would say try the concours, then go to collectors. Dont want to many waxes (or do you....)

3. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

You can never have too many waxes.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I own both and I'm very pleased with both of them. I've used the Concours on a few vehicles now and it really does give that extra depth to the vehicle. As for the Collectors, the wax looks great on silver. That's what I used on my Lexus and it sure made it look and feel great. One thing about these two waxes though is that two to three layers makes it look better.

I've put three layers on one vehicle and I was surprised to notice the difference...but then again that could have been my eyes playing trick on me. I just know that the more I use both of these waxes the more they apeal to me.

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

the yellow is nothing special IMO. The Red is a lot better.

Overall, they are ok waxes. Nothing spectacular.
    I never put more than one layer. I have to try that Nica, maybe my opinion will change!

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Nica has lit up a bulb above my head...I've never ever layered a wax more than one coat. I should try 2 next time I wax our cars, maybe I'll see the difference between a waxed and unwaxed panel..

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Try it, it could be just my eyes playing tricks on me but to me it gives some wicked depth :righton: and I'm all for the wet loock.

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I did have some sort of placebo effect when it came to the "wet look" but the car looks wet to me after a polish :p. Well, I haven't eyeballed a wax for a while so I should keep practicing soon!