Victoria Wax Beading hard at 4 months.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by eShine, Aug 28, 2008.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

Although I have the Cobra out daily I dont let it get rained on much. Last night I brought it to the dragstrip and when we got home I left it in the driveway. It rained in the afternoon and before I went to pull it in the garage I noticed the Victoria Wax was still kicking azz after 4 months! Here are some pics. I absolutely love this wax, being made in Canada is also a bonus!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks great Chris. How long would it last under normal conditions? I got some from you but only use it as a finishing touch on certain cars because it looks so wet. Not sure of the durability.

3. eShine

eShine Guest

Well although I do not drive the Cobra daily, it does sit in the driveway everyday (Unless raining) for at least 8-10 hrs per day. I do this so I have the floorspace free to work in. For a Carnauba I was a tad surprised myself.

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looking good there Chris! That's one more wax I need to get my hands on, rofl.

5. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Looks great. I was reading on their site that there's a safe solvent in it... anyone know what that solvent is?

Great product -- I recently tried it and it is great. Is it going on sale anytime soon? :)

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes!! Props to Victoria :wicked:

I really like Victoria wax, great wax for the price I'll definitely continue to use it and purchase more of it as well :cheerl:

7. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Hey Nica, I tried applying it by hand as per your video and didn't seem to see an apprciable difference over using a MF pad. Do you think it is better applying by hand?

8. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Looks good Chris.

Soooo what did the pony run?

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well to be honest shiny, it's all personal preference. I enjoy applying all my waxes by hands, well the ones I can apply by hand, because I enjoy manhandling the vehicles. I get more intimate with the vehicle and get to feel every curve and corner of the vehicle...that and I like how the wax feels in my hands...but like I said it's all personal preference.

Applying wax by applicator is just as good as applying it by hand, I just prefer to apply it by hand that's all.

Well that's just my :2cents:

10. eShine

eShine Guest

It didnt go soo great, it was a Wednesday night Ricer fest and there was no traction. The car with 100 less HP last year went 12.40@111MPH on a 1.55 60'. This year with the blower and poor track prep it went 12.30@118MPH with a 1.75 60'. If I can just get the 60' down to at least 1.55 it will easily pull 11's. We are renting the track in september so I will have another crack at it on a better prep.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Hey Chris, would it be possible for another video next time your at the track :whistle: :whistle:

12. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Yeah your 60s definately could use some work. Im assuming your 1.75 was with alot of wheel spin? What kind of tires do you run...streets? Drag radials? Sept brings some nice cool dense air with it...we all know what that means :devil:

Whats the track altitude?

Ive officially hijacked this thread :gidiup:

13. eShine

eShine Guest

Yes, as soon as I hit boost the tires blew away. I was running 26x11.5x15 Hoosier Quick Time Pro's. The track altitude was sea level, Ontario has no hills/mountains worth mentioning. LOL

14. Bence

Bence Two Bucket System Washer

Bringing back the thread: I think Vics have whopping durability, especially the discontinued Cruising which blew away Meg's #16 through the winter on my car.

15. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

You've got easy 11's next time!

16. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

That beading is insane.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I've heard that the old Cruising was quite the product...wish I could get my hands on some of it though :shead:

18. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

With that mph you have wheel spin. That is a mid-11 mph, what are you using for suspension and gear. I had a 88GT that ran mid-8"s on a 10 inch tire, if I did another car it would have to be a notchback. When you rent the track you will have time to play with shock/strut settings, air pressure and try leaving at different rpm's without having to wait for everyone else. Good luck at your track day and let us know what the outcome is.

19. eShine

eShine Guest

You did have your hands on it. One of the samples I sent you was revived crusing wax. We were going to have Victorai make it for us under our label.

20. eShine

eShine Guest

The car has Lakewood 70/30's up front, 50/50's in back. Maximum Motorsports Solid Drag Lower arms, Steeda heavy duty uppers. It does have 4.30 gear which is not helping. A few changes I think I am going to make,

go from the 4.30's to a 4.10
    go from the 26" tire to a 27"
    bring boost from 7-8PSI to 10-12