Very Sad Day.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Pureshine, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

[TABLE="class: page, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]I just got back from my surgeon office and the metal plates in my wrist have to come out. They are doing the surgery Friday no detailing till the end of May. I had to call all my customers and push them back till the end of May.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Sorry to hear that, best wishes with your surgery. Can you get anyone to cover for you whom you trust?

3. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

That sucks man. Good luck.

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Best of luck and prayers for a speedy recovery.

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Todd ... sorry to hear that. Best wishes with your surgery and prayers for a speedy recovery.

6. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Sucks to hear Todd,best wishes on a fast recovery my friend.If I were a customer of yours,I would have no problem with a little wait time. Metal plates in wrist,ouch. Didnt your parents tell you could go blind from doing that?:poke:

7. Pureshine

HA HA lol! their from playing hockey when I was younger. Thanks everyone I'm just going to be very bored I hate sitting around :(

8. vegas911gts

vegas911gts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good luck. Does it hurt all the time? I have a metal cage in my neck with titanium screws and it hurts all the time. I have to be drugged up all the time just to manage the pain. I hope you don't need to be on meds like me.

9. Pureshine

No doesn't hurt all the time the bone grew over the plate. They want to take it out just to be safe.

10. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Bummer bro..... :( Sorry. Hate it.

11. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

So it doesn't hurt?? Absolutely no reason to take it out unless it's directly causing symptoms. And if it was put in a long time ago with bone overgrowth, I doubt it's the cause of any symptoms you're having now.

12. Pureshine

It hurts a lot when I polish all the vibration.

13. onebaucom

onebaucom Birth of a Detailer

What was the plate put in for? If you don't mind me asking. I had to have a plate put in my arm for a cartilage tear and they had to shorten the bone. They are giving me problems so I have to get them taken out soon. Not excited for me. Best of luck on the surgery. Hope for a quick recovery for you! :)

14. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Ok. I obviously don't know your exact situation, exam, or X-rays, so it very well could be the plate that's the issue. Just by your description though, I find it hard to believe thats the actual cause if your pain. I've put in countless wrist plates and (knock on wood) have only had to remove one. Good luck.

15. Pureshine

It was a hockey injury I got checked into the boards and hyperextended my wrist. They had to shorten my wrist so it would heal properly

16. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Wow - sorry to hear this, Todd.

Hope all goes well and your healing is fast and lasting.

Take good care -
    Dan F

17. joffems

joffems Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

I highly recommend that you set a goal to accomplish during your recovery time. I had to take 3 months off work after back surgery and by the end of the second week I was losing my mind. I then set a goal to learn a new technology while I had nothing to do. It really helped pass the time and prevented my family from killing me.

18. pmakhija

pmakhija Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Todd, I hope the surgery goes well! Wishing you the best and a quick recovery,
    Prakash

19. Pureshine

Thanks again everyone :)

20. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Best wishes Todd! Hope all goes well!