Vertuabond

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Reflect, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I know a few of you have this product but I haven't heard much about it. Any methods or whatnot that you use? Elaborate please...

2. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

I used it like a glaze

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I'm glad you posted this. I've got some as a sample and havent used it for the same reason.

4. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

I'd like to hear some opinions on this as well. Can you top it with a wax or sealant is what I was primarily wondering. Also method of application.

5. Epoch

Epoch Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I rather like this product, think of it a replacement for Swissvax Cleaner fluid or Zymol HD cleanse, I've found it best applied by DA and a medium pad (apply to the whole car and then buff off) as it cleans paint well and leaves behind some nice gloss.

Most paste wax type products will be fine over it, i'm not sure if it's acrylic glazing agents and haven't tried and liquid sealant products.

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Got a response from CG...

"Thank you for the email. Vertua Bond is a service prep product to help ensure bond for ssealants and wax. This product is mainly designed for you high end sports car that body panels are made out of composit materials (carbon fiber, fiber glass, polly materials..etc.) This product is great for vehicles that you thinks may have bonding issues. Application could be applied by hand of machine using a soft light finishing pad and work in likw a glaze. If you are working on an average vehicle, this is not a must have product."

7. InfamousNic

InfamousNic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use it almost all the time without really knowing if it makes a difference. My favorite combo with it is:

1 - VertuaBond
    2 - EZ Creme Glaze
    3 - JetSeal
    4 - Wax (Blue Velvet followed by Purple Haze on my phantom black car)

8. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Funny that you posted this, as this will be my process when I tackle my daily driver soon.

1 - VertuaBond (my paint cleaning step, similar to Klasse AIO perhaps? I plan on using a white CCS pad so the VertuaBond has some "bite" perhaps... Thoughts on this?
    2 - M-Seal (has some minor filling properties, like a glaze, i.e. EZ Creme Glaze | 2x
    3 - Wax (Dodo Juice Banana Armour)