Verrryyyy Interestink

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by RTexasF, Mar 18, 2008.

1. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Many of us have or have used P21S wax. Quite by accident the container separated and here is a picture of what we actually paid for......it's a container within a container. Threw the exterior tub away and don't feel like trash diving so check your container to see the difference. I'd bet the newest product they offer is in the same container.........
    Click on pic for larger one. The ribbed part at the top is the same size as the outer container.

Attached Files:

• 80%.jpg
      80%.jpg
      File size:
      44.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Very good way to give the appearance of more product..hmmmm

3. RTexasF

Yepper, pretty shicken chit but that's business.

4. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

OK, but is it actually less then advertised? If not, then I dont see anything wrong, if anything they would be using a super reinforced container :giggle:

5. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

RtexasF..
    heres a pic of my tub..i have always had a hard time putting the lid on/off and retired the tub... i took it apart for ya to show the the other half...

[​IMG]

6. RTexasF

Thanks Joe, that gives a much better visual of what you don't get.

7. RTexasF

I doubt that it is but I think it's rotten to make it appear that you are getting more than you actually are. Yes, it's common in everything from cereal boxes to cans of soup but this is the first time I've seen it in detail products......likely not the last.

8. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

no problem RTexasF,

the wax has a net wet of 6.2oz (175kg)...the picture on the right is narrow on the bottom and widens as it goes up..it may look smaller then normal ... but it looks like it could hold 6.2oz's of product..

9. RTexasF

I'm sure it does. It's the deceit that bugs me. It LOOKS like you are getting more than you actually are.

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

HAHA good catch, SV does it too but its not as small

11. Nica

Nica Banned

huh...interesting :shakehead:

12. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

what the!!! so r you really getting less???

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Less than it would visually appear but I'm sure it weighs.. Damn it better weigh (as I go to my cabinet looking for my stash...lol)

14. RTexasF

Glad you liked it :shrug:

15. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

wow didnt know that p21 and sv does that

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Hey, as long as on the side the amount matches to what's in there, it's all good!!!

But it is pretty sneaky...

17. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

lammmmmmeeeeeee

18. boogiejoe

boogiejoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Would you honestly buy it, if it were a 6 oz container? Take a pop can, cut it in half, then look at the size. I know everyone feels jilted, but I'm sure there are more reasons than confidence of value for the packaging.

It looks like you could hide your stash or whatever in there, right in plain sight!