Variation in Process Dependent on Paint Color? Why

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

***While reading this post make the following assumptions: We are correcting 2 identical vehicles with the same exact CC with the same level of paint correction needed- one is silver & one is black - we are striving for 100% correction (or at least equal level of correction between the 2 vehicles***

I have seen many say that say they can eliminate a polishing step if the paint is a light color like silver and/or white..

I have always been confused by this..

I do understand that variation in clear coat harness will determine the process steps but paint color??

IMO if you need to do a 2 step on the black to remove all defects you also need to do a 2 step on the silver to remove all defects..

Just because they may be more difficult to see they are still there and under the right lighting conditions will be noticeable

So, explain your thoughts on this.....

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I agree, just because they are harder to see doesnt mean they shouldnt be corrected. This is just another one of those things that separates the real detailers from the hacks.

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

:agree:

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

+1:giggle::canada:

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

[​IMG]

6. Nica

Nica Banned

+2 and well said D&D, even though I my self have done white or silver colour vehicles and have only done one step but that's becuase that's what the customer wanted :shrug: even though the colour is lighter and it does hide the imprefections much better compared to a dark colour vehicle, the imprefections are still there you just need to look closer :detective:

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Nicely put Dan, nothing like getting straight to the point.

8. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Tell us how you really feel! :D

:agree:

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Damn hackers :p

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for the confirmation fella's.. I was just wondering if I was the only one that treated like paint/ like defects and like desired correction jobs the same!!