Using Grout Sponge

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by raddogz, May 19, 2008.

1. raddogz

raddogz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Well I was at the local Home Depot and picked up a couple of grout sponges for $1.27 each a few weeks ago. I used to have an old old sea sponge many many years ago and loved it until the dog got to it when she was a puppy <sigh>.

I purchased one of those Rock Wool Sea Sponges late last year, and it just wasn't quite the same. I guess I was used to using a very well worn sponge and although they are very nice it was kinda bulky to use, so I would always resort to the sheepskin mitts and/or mf mitts instead.

So I was cleaning the engine and wound up getting a third of car wet which meant now I just about obligated to wash the car again :D (I washed it two weeks ago). I used the foam gun with and leftover Blue Coral shampoo which was a bit watered down, and then followed it with the grout sponge. I have to say "WOW!", the sponge fit perfectly in my hand (I have small hands), and now I see what the hub bub is all about.