Use the right shampoo dilutions!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by dsms, Aug 30, 2009.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have always been finicky with adding the right amount of shampoo mixture but 2 days ago I washed my car and got very lazy. I just eye balled some Zaino Z7 and dumped it into my bucket, 5 gal bucket with probably 4 gal worth of water.

I went to wash my car with a DD lambswool mitt and initially though the mitt was just garbage. Little suds, not very slick at all.

I then decided to add about 1 more gallon of water to my bucket and it changed everything. I had way to much soap solution and not enough water to balance it.

I ended up really liking the lambswool mitt and remembering how good Zaino Z7 is as a gentle wash.

Proper dilutions when washing are key, too much soap will allow to much lubricity and not enough suds to carry away dirt.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I've been eye balling for a while. Then I got soap in gallons, and simply got myself gallon dispensing pumps, which give you 1 oz per pump. Takes all the guess work away from it.

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i use pinnacle(bodywork)shampoo in a gallon with the dispenser pump . works great 2 squrts for my bucket . gives me plenty of soap..... by the way one of the best soaps out there not cheap but lasts a while for me do to i only use it on my truck ....

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I got really lazy and just bought the gallon pumps as well! ;)

5. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Ha. I use those 1 oz medicine cups to measure everything precisely.

6. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks Dave. Good info.

The lid on the Z7 is so small that after pouring 1 capful I just eyeballed the rest. I'll make sure to measure correctly next time. Plus I'm sure it will last alot longer.

I tend to follow if a little is good then alot must be better for shampoo. LOL.