Unprotected?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by sumdetailer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

How long would you leave a car unprotected? It's hard for me to find all the time in one day to polish and seal/wax in one day while working two jobs, and really need a few days in between before I can seal/wax. I know I would have to 2 bucket wash both times, which isn't a problem, but how long do you think I could wait till I sealed? The car wouldn't be on dirt roads, but would be driven 20 miles a day.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate everything!

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I'm sure it would be fine for a while, not sure for how long, but for me, I could not leave my car unprotected for more than 10 minutes or I would develop a full blown panic attack. [​IMG]

3. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I don't think you'd want to wait very long before applying 'protection'. If you need something fast, take a look at Adam's Polishes. I have used them including Revive polish/ Buttery Wax (and others) and their products are very easy to use making it easy to complete the task relatively quickly.

I have had other friends comment on how easy it is to use the products too.:support:

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You wouldn't have a problem if you did all your polishing one weekend and then applies your wax/sealant the next. Just make sure the car gets a good bath before applying any LSP.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

How do you like the Buttery Wax? Every time I see it I think about ordering it .

6. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Great based on the amount of effort required to use.

Are there products that last longer? yes.... are ther products shine better? yes... but buttery wax is a great compromise.

Good shine/Easy to use/ Protects paint. :thumb:

7. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that the polishing would require a lot of correction... black car that I don't believe has been corrected in 8 years! You can easily see swirls on it... I'm guessing it's going to take more than a few hours just on correction, so by that time I doubt I will have the time or energy :p