Ultimate Factories

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by D&D Auto Detailing, Jul 1, 2010.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Anyone seen this show on the National Geographic Channel? They go through different factories and show how things are designed and built. They are doing Rolls Royce right now. Car wise, they have BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Camaro, Corvette, and Lamborghini.

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yep watching the Rolls one right now. They do a pretty good job on them, I have seen the Ferrari one a few times.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Pretty cool stuff. They are doing the Audi R8 in about an hour.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Watched them build a Z4 last week. Cool.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

waiting to see the porsche one. its been aired I just keep missing it.

6. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Great episode. Pretty much only follows production of the GT3. Wish they did more on the turbo.

7. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

The Lamborghini episode is Good and so was the Audi R8. Really makes you appreciate some of the engineering that goes into the design/development and construction of some of these vehicles.

The greenhouse environment of the Ferrari plant was something else. I have yet to see the Porsche episode.

8. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Phil,
    Somebody on 6spd online turned me onto this...
    Go on Youtube and search Ultimate Factories Porsche. The entire episode is there, in 5 segments, NO COMMERCIALS and its in HD.
    You can watch at your own leisure in peace, in between feedings. Great stuff.

Joe D

9. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Guys, when your watching the Audi R8 show at the end listen to the narrator say during final inspection just before roll out the inspection department "rarely find anthing wrong with fit and finish" ........lol! (paused and rewound )..lol.! Having worked on these R8's and R10's fresh off the boat I hope the inspectors keep finding nothing!! Just thought I'd share with you guy's . Great series though.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Could be a issue at port where the damage to the paint is going on and not leaving Germany.