Ugh...so i'm totally embarassed...

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by billyblooshoes, Feb 10, 2009.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

so the guy who owns the S4 i detailed the interior for sends me a PM on audizine.com earlier today with a couple pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WTF could that be. all i used on the carpeting was adams carpet/upholstery in the area, and the carpet shampooing solution used in the shampooer. needless to say i am COMPLETELY embarassed by this. i dont think the guy is mad, he's just wondering what to do about it. i told him to try and rub/blot it out with a damp towel. obviously the carpeting did not look like this when he left saturday. any ideas guys? im baffled. borderline nauseous that this happened. the guy was so pleased with my work too. :shead:

2. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Kinda looks like mineral deposits or dried carpet soap. Just my two cents.

3. billyblooshoes

yeah im thinking it might just be dried carpet shampoo. how the efff could i overlook that...

i dunno though.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You don't put the shampoo directly into the shampooer, do you?

5. Nica

Nica Banned

:agree:

That's what I'm thinking as well, if you use too much shampoo and don't extract it properly you'll get that once it's dried up completely. To remove it you'll just have to spray some water and extract it...well just from my experience hope it helps.

Don't be too hard on your self, take it as a stepping stone, learn from it...what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger :peace:

Oh by the way kudos to you for posting this, I mean you didn't really have to post the pictures but you did and that show's you care.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree:

not everyone on here would own up to something like this.

7. billyblooshoes

thanks for the support guys. i cant help but be hard on myself for this. i mean, i'm not exactly new to the whole detailing game, not a pro either. but ive been doing this for a while. i'm just thinking to myself WTF bill. how could you slip up like that. to me personally its somewhat discrediting to my abilities to a customer who i had just worked for for the first time. i hope he's not too upset...

8. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Not if your showing him the same dedication your showing us. And standing by your mistake and redoing it at no charge. Great work ethic on your part:thumb: Also I would put alittle defoamer down when you reshampoo it.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with SSTG, we are only humans mistakes will be made...it's what you do to correct/redeem your self that will separate you from others :thumb:

10. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

I would throw in my third kudos to you also. None of us are near perfect. We all learn from mistakes, our own and from others. Thanks for posting.

11. billyblooshoes

yeah i have to make this right for him. its completely unacceptable. haha damn im so mad at myself right now. im gonna go chain smoke for a while...

:cig:

thanks again for the kind words and support guys.

roger, you'll probably hear me screaming obscenities from up here down in mayfair in a minute....

12. 911Fanatic

As stated, s**t happens. Making it right for him will go a long way to showing how professional you are. You may be able to clean that up by just using clean hot water in your extractor if its dried shampoo. I typically spray the area to be cleaned with the shampoo solution in a trigger sprayer and only put clean water in the extractor. That way you are always rinsing with clean water. Hope this helps.

13. billyblooshoes

that does help. i will definitely try that when i correct the problem.

14. billyblooshoes

....thankfully he's not mad. looks like i just need to rectify the situation. the dude is very particular, but i cant blame him. so am i!

15. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

First it's great that you are seeking to fix this.

Secondly it appears to be dried residue. In your extractor try using only fresh clean rinse water.

Lastly I personally would NOT post up a clients response to an apparent private matter between myself and the client, IMHO.

Anthony

16. 911Fanatic

You've got an excellent opportunity to show this guy you're a pro. Show up with a smile on your face, ask him to show you his areas of concern and take care of it. Remember, he's not just a $100 interior. He's a $100 interior twice a year, every year until you stop detailing. Let us know how it goes.

17. billyblooshoes

i will indeed let you know how it goes.