Uber Green pad W/M205?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by ismegamanthere, May 14, 2010.

1. ismegamanthere

ismegamanthere Two Bucket System Washer

Customer brought over an 04 Infiniti M45 today to get detailed. Just doing a 1-step on it but I'm not sure what combo to go with. Does anyone know how M205 works with a green pad?

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Fine with a DA machine but you cannot work it more than 45 seconds per panel.

On the rotary M205 for me has never finished down well and hate to say it but infiniti paint (and I assume its black) is tricky a paint to work on. I highly suggest using a diminishing abrasive product like Menzerna 106FA or Powerfinish so you can work it longer and refine it at low speed for a long time to ensure it all finishes down clean without leftover buffer trails.

3. ismegamanthere

It's actually a beige color. Sadly, I don't have either of those Menz. products, the only Menz. product I have is Intensive Polish.

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I have had great luck with Meg D151 for one step details

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

M205 should work good . . . . . thank god it's not black. You can always step down the pad if you are worried and use M205/White Pad if you have one to give the vehicle a light cleanup.

6. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

How long do you work M205 with uber green and rotary for and what speed usually?

45 seconds is like 3 passes?

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I never use M205 on the rotary. Its a non diminishing abrasive, meaning just like M105, it works from beginning to end retaining the same cut. With demising abrasives, over time the abrasives in the polish break down to finer bits until there is nothing left.

8. lebreeze

lebreeze Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Is that statement also true with porter cable? Or only the rotary?

9. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

the product itself is not diminishing therefore it should apply to any machine.

10. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yep. Its just works better on a Da because it breaks down slower

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'd use the IP on the green Uber.

12. ismegamanthere

Thanks again everyone, I'm about to go start on the car in a few minutes after I finish my morning coffee :headbang: I think I'm going to try the IP/Green Pad combo and the M205/White Pad combo to see which one gives me better results.

13. Audi2.7t

Audi2.7t Two Bucket System Washer

My mom has a M35 so im sure its similar in paint/clear coat. When i corrected it i used an Uber green w/ Menzerna SIP and managed about 90-95% correction. I dont know if 205 would be aggressive enough

14. cnut

cnut Guest

I also think the IP/green pad will yield good results as a one-step. I don't think 205 alone would be strong enough to get the result you are looking for. As a sidenote I haven't had many problems finishing with 205 once I learned how to use correctly.

15. ismegamanthere

Hmmm... the PC w/Menz IP + Uber Green didn't seem to be doing a whole lot so I dropped down to an LCC White, still hasn't done a whole lot. Should I try going for IP + LCC Orange?