Uber All Purpose MF Coming Apart

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by NickBlaine, Jun 9, 2013.

1. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I purchased a 10 pack of the all purpose towels, and washed them before I used them. Gentle setting, with just hot water, no detergent or anything. The edges of the towels are all coming apart. :shead:

I have used these uber towels in the past, and the ones I had from previous are holding up just fine. Bad batch maybe? I don't know what gives, but with the edges coming apart like that, I can't take a chance on those scratching the paint.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

First of all only wash in cold water and I have never had a problem with über towels. I only wash in cold water with woolite and air dry.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I always wash in hot water with MicroRestore. Sounds like a bad batch. Are they actually coming apart, or are they just fraying a bit. We brought in some one time and the stitching along the edge wasn't close together so the edges frayed.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Take a picture and post it, then contact Phil...and yes, I ALWAYS use hot water to wash MF towels, sometimes, I even use EXTRA HOT water, never had a problem with ANY MF towels...

5. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

Hot water is better for stain removal, I've heard some people to boil them even..

6. NickBlaine

I read hot water, as it removes the wax/polish residue,etc better. I'll take some pictures and upload here shortly

7. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Hot water here, HE front loader, so not as much beating them up as the other option machine, only use Micro Restore or Chemical Guys version, and occasionally throw in a little Distilled White Vinegar to absolutely raise the nap and really clean the towels deeply. I also dry them in an HE Dryer, low setting, 15 mins on, let them cool down, then 15 mins more and they are done. No harm, no foul..
    Dan F

8. NickBlaine

Here are a couple pictures of a few of them. They all have basically done the same thing. The corner stitching is coming apart, then the edges are just pulling away after that. Some are worse than others, but they all have that corner piece coming loose.

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

I wash in hot water with Micro Restore as well. Send Phil a PM and I'm sure he'll take care of you

10. Pureshine

Ok good to know I was always told cold water.

11. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Another tally for hot water wash from me.

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Hot water, double rinse :)

13. Pureshine

I learned something new :)

14. BikeGeek

BikeGeek Virgin Detailer

^^^---- this!