Uber 16x16 towels

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Bunky, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I was trading with someone on Autopia and they happened to include a 16x16 red Uber towel. I instantly liked it. It felt like my Viking green detailing towels (same dual nap) but in a 16x16 size and a very thick edging instead of the satin. The edging seems to add a lot of heft and stability to a towel so more appropriate for removing polishes, etc. Some towels when folded like to roll a little as they slide across to removed dried polish if they do not have a short nap. My favorite so far has been the open weave or very short nap type.

I ended up getting 10 more from Cooter for a nice price. DD has them on sale.

:applause: for Uber

2. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

They are very nice, the plushest towels I have, but right now they are linting like crazy for me. The lint is so bad, it looks like micromarring on black paint. :yikes:

I hope they stop soon.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm still patiently waiting for mine!

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I just got 25 of 'em. They seem nice.. I'm not so sure the name "uber" is fitting though? I guess once I give them a go we'll see. They seem on par with Pakshak (or whoever elses) edged towels.

For 30% off though they are a bargain.

5. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I've been using them for a couple of months and the Uber's are excellent!

6. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

mine are doing the same

7. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Any chance you washed them with other towels?

8. yukonon22

yes. other microfibers

9. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I meant cotton towels.... which would cause a mess.

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Strange - I've never had that happen with mine.

11. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I've only washed them with other MFs.

Most of my MFs will go through a short linting period at some point, so I am not too worried. It was only really apparent on black, on the last silver/blue/red cars I've done I haven't noticed it.

12. Tomy

Tomy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i cant seem to find anyone who sells these in canada.. how does this compare ot the cookie MF towels

13. yukonon22

there from detailersdomain

14. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

The UBER's are from detailersdomain.com. I have both the the cookie monster and uber and the cookies feel softer. From my experience, the ubers seem to do a nicer job removing product.

Both are good.