Tutlewax Liquid Clay

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by yukonon22, May 11, 2008.

1. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

okay, i am no expert. I have been using liquid clay bar because of it's ease of use. Anyone hear used it and can tell me if it actually works. my car produces a great shine and is smooth after it's use.

2. NCZ13

NCZ13 Birth of a Detailer

i read a review that its more of a pre wax cleaner than a claybar.

3. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

that was my first clay..( yes yes i know..i didn't k now anything back then.. i started experimenting on OTC stuff ) it does work as a cleaner more like a strong detergent. it does remove dirt and old wax but not bonded contaminants..

4. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

thanks. it does make the surface really smooth. i may just use it as a pre clay

5. NCZ13

NCZ13 Birth of a Detailer

that would be a waste of time if your just going to clay anyway....

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

never found anything useful by turtle wax, with exception of foam applicator pads, which are just t$0.40 a piece at Big Lots...

7. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

i've actually used this before in my dark days of creating swirl marks on my car haha. it's actually pretty terrible in terms of being a clay bar. It's more like a light wash

8. FMJ

FMJ Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use that only for the "hard to rearch surface", like the shark fin antenna, etc....