Turtlewax F21...is it any good?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by TheRustySuper, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

So, I'm about to start a small detailing business, so I'm looking around at various products. One thing I still need is a good interior dressing. I just remembered that I bought a bottle of Turtlewax F21 Super Protectant not too long ago, to shine up some vinyl on my Beetle, but I never got around to doing it. Is this product any good, or will it leave the surface too slick/greasy? And how does it work on exterior plastics and tires?

Thanks,

Clark

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Probably be to shiny, slick, and greasy.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

4. TheRustySuper

That's what I thought. Anyone used it on wheels and plastic trim? Can't imagine it would be bad if it were kinda greasy there...

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I would be worried if I hired a detailer, when he showed up with Turtle Wax products...

6. TheRustySuper

You have a point :thumb: Not gonna use it. I put a bit on the vinyl of the Beetle, just to see what it was like. Made the vinyl REALLY slick and greasy, glad I didn't put it on the seats or I'd be sliding all over the place.

7. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

plus if you put it on the tires and they got wet...then you would have a bad case of tire dressing sling all over the side of the car

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

If you hit the brakes hard, you'd probably have a nice ring on your chest !!

9. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Din try their protectant, bt turtlewax f21/ice shampoo are not bad. In fact I like it better than meg nxt..

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I've got 3 gallons of TW Platinum wash. Its pretty good. It works pretty nice in a foam cannon too!!!

11. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

is TW shampoo strip the LSP?