Tuf-Buff Black Lambswool pads?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Darkstar752, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I just got showcar detail on a Corvette so I'll need to pick up some more aggressive pads, looking at the wool category right now. The yellow Uber has taken care of every hard clear coat I've come across but the Vette clearcoat is on another level. Anyway, I came across a 2 year old thread talking about Micro-Surface Tuf-Buff Black Lambswool pads, seem to be a lot smoother and cut a tad less than normal wool, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

However, since the thread is 2 years old, are there any new wool pads that are better? Also, is there anyplace else besides the Micro-Surface site that sells these pads? I'd really rather use Paypal. This is for a Makita 9227 btw.

Thanks!

Here's a link: TufBuf Black Natural Lambswool Polishing Pad [TUFB-01] - $1.90 : MICRO-SURFACE FINISHING PRODUCTS, INC

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

That's the place to get them :sorry:

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

damn i have been wondering where the heck to get these pads from. Nice to finally know. I just hope that shipping doesn't rape all the way to Hawaii LoL.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Shipping from them is ridiculous and they will not ship via USPS.

5. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Get them - they're a great pad to have on hand.

http://micro-surface.com/index.php?main_page=us_distributor

6. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

James R Kukurin Associates, Inc.
    Category:Industrial Products
    917 Lynn Avenue
    Turtle Creek PA 15145
    dlkatz@jrkukurinassoc.com
    Phone:412-823-6070

7. Darkstar752

Maybe Phil could pick these pads up? I've heard nothing but great things about them and apparently Micro-Mesh doesn't have any U.S. Distributors for automotive yet.

8. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

if they don't ship USPS then forget about it for me. It wouldn't be worth it to have these pads shipped UPS or FedEx for me as the price of shipping would well exceed the value of the pads.

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Yeah, I looked all over for hours and that's pretty much it.

It would be cool if Phil did carry these.

10. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Just looked at my emails with them. They DO ship USPS, but the price is the same whether its shipped via UPS or USPS. :shrug:

11. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

Nice, prob going to order some.

12. Darkstar752

Yea I forgot about this thread, but I used these pads on the Corvette and they're great. Combined with M105, they cut hard, fast, and smooth. Very easy to control and clean, no shedding at all. They were worth the shipping :thumb:

5" fits well with the 3M Perfect-it backing plate.