Tropi-care. Must haves???

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Mar 14, 2009.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

For those of you who already are using Tropi-Care, I wanted to see what are your favorites, and what are the must haves???

TIA.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Their microfiber towels (plush blue ones, grey ones) are pretty nice. Their tire/trim protectant is nice too. I've got some of their XP Sealant but havent used it yet, Dust says its a nice product. He should chime in. He's very familiar with their products.

3. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Their Blue Plush MF's are nice. The gray ones are "ok".

I use their XP Sealant (Sunburst) and really like it. I have Big Orange, which is "OK" as well, and their Red Degreaser, which I haven't used yet.

I tried their Tire Shine, and wasn't impressed with it, but I think I had an older version.

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

The tire dressing is the ABSOLUTE best I have ever used. Has the best durability of any water based tire dressing (the only kind I use). Also has the best new tire look that so many dressing strive for but never quite achieve.

The leather conditioner is as good as the others I've used (CGs, 4 Star, Surf City, Wolfgang, etc.)

Crystal Black Carnauba Creme is great. Its not available online but you might could get it if you called and asked for it. As far as looks go and ease of use its a definate must have. If the durability is what I think its going to be its a GOTTA MUST HAVE!

When the Citrus Wash is out of the beta stages and is released it will be a must have for sure!

The Premium Car Wash is really good for maint. washes but it can't overtake my must have of MS Ultragloss.

I have a bunch of other products that I haven't tested yet like the Sunburst Sealant XP. I'll be trying that one next weekend and will let you know.

5. TexasTB

Yes. I agree. I have a little left. I feel is is a strong soap. Very "liquidy". It does not suds up like I would like it to though. But then again, I have the beta version too. Hopefully it will be a little thicker when it comes out. I have to use a lot of it to get any decent amount of suds.

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I will get back to this thread tomorrow... watching Transporter 3!!

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Wonder how it compares to Optimum Tire dressing gel/Chemical Guys VRP...

8. JLs Detailing

Better than both of those.

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I haven't tried the Optimum stuff, but I have tried the CG VRP. I like the Tropi-Care stuff a lot better.

10. TexasTB

Go away and watch your care bear movie. lol

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

ok.... for exterior.

The tire dressing i think is probably the best water based on market. and i've used A LOT of tire dressings, I will put it up against anything.

The Sunburst Sealant is just as good as Jetseal, I know, I said it. It goes on just as easy, if not easier. Leaves a crystal clear shine. Jetseal has more warmth... but you can top SS within 30mis-1hr. I have seen 3 months easy out of this stuff.

Crystal black and White.... well I've used the white before on a white corvette, which i posted up on here. I tired the black but didn't give it a fair chance, im going to order another bottle and try out again.... but you can see JL raves about it and he knows his game.

Mighty Red is probably one of the strongers APC's i've ever used, better than Grime Reaper and better than MS SGS hands down. Potent stuff

The tire and wheel cleaner is safe on all wheels, except aluminum. The only things you don't see it do is break down break dust like bilberry does... but something is coming!!!! It's also cool cause if leaks onto the tire is cleans very well.

I enjoy both of the soaps, the red and wash-n-wax very much. If you order it you need to make sure and ask steve to send you the smoked versions. He'll know what I am talking about!

The red is a very good wash, with lots of foaming action as well as lube and rinses very clean!!! And the W&W adds a nice slickness to your LSP!

For interior, both the leather conditioner and vinyl dressings are both top notch! The LC absorbs into the leather very well not leaving a streak or glossy look.
    And the interior dressing is as matte as you can get! But you can tell the interior has been nourished! has a real rich look to it, but not overbearing.

And as far as his MF's go... I have a TON of the blue MF's, great for removal of anything! soft as can be. I mainly use the greys for door jams and cleaning wheels... the are super absorbent!

And well his drying towels are awesome as well... have a ton of them too!

And best of all are the interior scents... my fav is the New Car/Leather smell!!

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Another thread peaking my interests in Tropi Care... If the tire dressing is water based can it also be used under the hood?

13. JLs Detailing

Yes it can, but it looks so good on your tires that you are not going to use it anywhere but there, LOL.

Dust I'll be using the Suburst Sealant this weekend and I'll be able to see how it compares to Jetseal, and you know me I love me some Jetseal. I'll try out the interior dressing as well.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Costs quite a bit less than Jetseal, too...

15. odgaard

odgaard Birth of a Detailer

what about a discount code? thats a must have :thumb:

16. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

10offtc

Will get u 10% off

17. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

old thread but i am bumping it to try and get some feedback on the sunburst sealant. i will be putting an order together from tropi-care shortly and would just like to hear some opinions on this.

18. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Fro. Order it. Its great. Goes on like butter and comes off just as easy. The best waffle weave I've ever used. Now i've got 6 of them. Theyre GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!

Tire protectant,
    Crystal Black
    Sunfire Sealant
    Citrus Wash
    Mighty Red
    Waffle Weaves
    Blue Super Plush towels

are all great.

19. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Thanks Cooter

im thinking of ordering the following:

Tire Dressing (duh)
    WW Drying Towels
    Glass Towels
    Citrus Wash
    and possibly sunfire (i have jetseal and just got collinite 845 for winter protection)

20. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Need to bump this again, I want to know how it holds up against Jetseal. I live like 45 minutes away from this place, i'm going to have to go check it out.